[29]

---

---

That evening Sibuna placed the first reflector in its place to begin the constellation. They then began searching for clues, only finding a strange graph type thing. 

Later, Scarlett was getting ready for her date in Patricia's room, with Piper helping her. 

"Favourite books?" Piper questioned.

"Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, Emma and Macbeth," she listed. 

"Okay, great, we already knew you had that part down," Piper praised. "Onto composers. Your favourite?"

"Tchaikovsky because of my ballet training. However, I do occasionally enjoy Vivaldi's 'The Four Seasons'," she answered. 

"Brilliant. I think you're ready," Piper reassured. "Try to talk about other composers as well and you'll be fine."

Scarlett nodded, placing down the hair curlers. 

"Good luck."

"Thanks, Piper, you're a gem, really," she told, hugging the girl. 

Scarlett rushed out of the rooms and to where Eddie was waiting. She was wearing a baby pink dress.

"There you are, Scarlett. Wow, you look amazing," Eddie complimented. 

"Thanks," she replied.

"Shall we?" 

He opened the door for her. 

"Your mum and her mum's are meeting us there," he told. 

Scarlett nodded, repeating the facts she had learnt in her head. 

"You'll be fine, Granger, you're like a walking book of facts," he comforted. 

"Encyclopedia," she corrected. "Just because I answer questions in class and do well and do my homework and actually enjoy school does not mean- oh my God I am Hermione Granger," she gasped. 

"Glad you finally realised," he joked. 

They arrived at the restaurant, her family there, as they said and Mr Sweet too. Eddie lead her to their table, her family close behind.

Mr Sweet began a conversation about Tchaikovsky.

"Tchaikovsky's music is always my go to when studying. I think it has to do with my ballet lessons when I was younger," Scarlett answered. 

"You're classically trained?" Mr Sweet questioned. 

"We insisted," Malou informed.

"Yes. I trained in ballet, tap and modern. I also had singing lessons."

"I must say that is impressive," Mr Sweet praised. 

"She speaks Spanish too," Eddie added. 

"And Vietnamese," Eliza added. 

"A language from both sides," Lydia added. 

Scarlett took a drink of water as she felt heat travel to her cheeks. She loved attention when she was on stage but here, not so much. 

"You're trilingual?"

Scarlett nodded. 

"Delightful," Mr Sweet exclaimed. "How have we never known this?"

"Vietnamese isn't an option at school. It's usually the Western European languages available, German, Spanish, French. Not to say that's bad. They're widely spoken. What I don't understand is when people only know one language but insist everyone knows English and-" Scarlett cut herself off. "Sorry."

"You do make a valid point. I was wondering if there are any other composers that you've been secretly studying?" Mr Sweet questioned. 

"Bach, Mozart, Vivaldi, Beethoven," she listed. "The usual go to study composers."

"Interesting."

The conversation continued as Scarlett voiced her opinions on each of the composers, stopping herself from mentioning the fact it was a rather large male list. Then Scarlett noticed Patricia peeking her head out from a hidden table. She sighed. 

"I have misjudged you, Scarlett. You've let your talent go unnoticed through your continuous arguing," Mr Sweet complimented.

"I will still argue when the education system or those in it fail their students or push patriarchal or prejudice views on us, don't expect that to stop but you have to understand that is only because we live in a world where women are discouraged from certain paths because their women and then when race or sexuality is added to that, it makes their lives even harder," Scarlett replied. 

"I knew I raised you right," Eliza cheered. 

"I do actually have a proposal related to that," Scarlett added. "But that can wait until school hours."

"Of course, oh look, it's getting late, better order a taxi," Mr Sweet replied, standing from his seat. "Don't worry. I'll be Bach in a minuet," he joked. 

Scarlett chuckled quietly. 

"We better be off too, Scar," Eliza told. 

They said their goodbyes before they left to go back to their hotel.

"Okay, what have you done with the real Scarlett?" Eddie questioned as he held her hand.

"Wasn't it you telling me I was a nerd," she exclaimed. 

"You didn't need to study up to just impress me and my dad," he reassured. "I'm trying to show my dad who I really am, And, you know, you're a big part of that."

"Sorry if I, uh, tried too hard," she whispered. "But I don't mind studying."

"No, yacker, just be you," he told. "And if studying is you then I'm glad I saw that side of you tonight. Even if I see it every time we're in the student lounge."

"Free periods are for studying," she argued. 

He chuckled, leaning in to kiss her. She heard someone gasp. She sighed, pulling away from Eddie. She got up and stormed over to where Patricia was sitting. 

"What are you doing here?" She demanded.

"Making sure your date goes okay? Piper was worried so I got us a taxi here," she explained. 

"Joy?"

"It's true but Piper did try and convince her not to," Joy informed. 

"Come on, out," she ordered. 

Patricia and Piper sighed, standing up to leave, only to bump into a waiter on the way out and for Mr Sweet to catch them.

"Patricia Williamson, Scarlett Garcia, you have a lot of explaining to do," Mr Sweet yelled. 

"I have never seen this girl before in my life," Patricia lied. 

"Xin lỗi tôi không nói tiếng Anh," Scarlett exclaimed, sending a glare to Patricia. 

"Sorry, Scar," Patricia muttered. 

Word Count
[956]

Xin lỗi tôi không nói tiếng Anh - Sorry, I do not speak English