[72]

---

---

Graduation was fast approaching and Scarlett was beyond anxious. Sure, she was a pretty anxiety-riddled person in general, but this was next level, bats in her stomach, wanting to hide under her covers until after the event kind of anxiety.

She was graduating. She was leaving Anubis house behind. She was leaving her friends behind. She was leaving eight years of her life behind. She was moving on to bigger things, things she wasn't completely sure she wanted to do. Whatever person decided that big life-changing decisions should be made at only eighteen could have the day they deserved (which was a very bad one).

She didn't know what she wanted to spend the rest of her life doing. How was she meant to know that when she hadn't done anything? She went to school, she had summer jobs, and she had never ever truly had a taste of the professional world that she had to choose to go into.

So, yeah, she was anxious. Anyone would be.

Not to mention the fact that she had to come up with some mind-blowing speech that everyone would love and would not get her booed off the stage.

Plus there was the whole results day still to come.

Anxious was an understatement.

She was sat in her bed, staring at her laptop, only two words on the screen as the cursor flashed, mocking her, telling her to write more.

Graduation speech

Nothing. She had nothing. She was terrible. She was uncreative. She was stuck.

A knock at the door pulled her out of her self-pity spiral.

"Come in," she called.

A head popped around the door. Eddie.

"Hey, Granger. How's it going?" He questioned, stepping into the room.

It was no secret to Anubis house that she was stressed out. They'd all seen her inhale a bag of cheese puffs while 'How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days' played on the living room TV. She watched rom-coms when she was stressed, or sad, or angry.

She groaned, throwing herself backwards on the bed, "Terrible. I'm so uncreative. I don't deserve to be valedictorian. Tell Mara to take the roll."

Eddie walked over to her, perching himself on the edge of the bed, reaching out for her hand, "No. Mara's not valedictorian. You are. And you're going to be fine. You're like the most talented person I know, you've got this."

Scarlett opened an eye, "It's like Amy March said. Talent isn't genius and no amount of energy can make it so."

"This isn't Little Women. This is real life and you've got this. You know how you get, it'll hit you at the worst possible time, like when you're taking a shit and you'll be absolutely fine."