[01]

---

---

Scarlett Garcia was back. Back at Anubis House and ready for a new term, hopefully, one not full of conspiring teachers who craved immortality, or a crazed man ready to kill students to get the Cup of Ankh. She dragged one of her suitcases behind her as her Mum took the other one. She practically ran, the suitcase full of school books and shoes and everything else she could shove in there hardly phasing her. 

"How are you so strong?" Her Mum, Eliza, questioned, trying to keep up with her daughter, who was only half her age.

"Lots and lots of shopping," Scarlett joked, stopping as she reached the house. She waited for her Mum.

"I'm sweating so much and I work out as much as you do," Eliza breathed, leaning against the suitcase she held.

"I don't work out," Scarlett replied, frowning.

"Exactly." With a chuckle, both girls entered the Anubis House. Eliza quickly placed the suitcase with Scarlett's other discarded luggage. Scarlett stood there, waiting for her Mum to say goodbye. 

"Bye, sweetie, I'll miss you," Eliza whispered, trying to hide the fact that she was in fact about to cry. She kissed the younger girls forehead. 

"I'll miss you too, Mum, but we agreed you can only cry when I graduate," the young girl scolded.

"I know, I know, I'll leave you to it," Eliza told, hugging her daughter once again before leaving, muttering a goodbye. 

With a large smile, Amber Millington, a blonde haired, fashion obsessed student, ran to Scarlett and hugged her to the point that she thought she wouldn't be able to breathe again. 

"Scar, I missed you," she yelled. 

"I missed you too Amber, but I also kinda miss being able to breathe right now," Scarlett replied, hugging the girl back.

"Sorry, excitement took over," Amber told, letting go.

"Scar," Patricia Williamson exclaimed as the Vietnamese girl entered their living room. She hugged the girl tightly. 

"Patricia, how are you?" Scarlett hugged back. "Hey Fabian, hey Mara, hey Mick," she greeted. 

The large portion of the house sat around, eating the food Trudy (their 'house Mum' as Scarlett called her) had baked and talking about their holidays. 

"Joy," Patricia announced, the excitement evident in her voice as her best friend was back. Joy had gone missing the previous term and therefore Patricia hadn't been able to spend time with her that much.

"Oh, it's so good to be back," Joy spoke.

"It's good to have you back, Joy," Fabian told, sending her a small smile.

"Thanks, Fabes," Joy replied. Joy had had a crush on Fabian for as long as Scarlett had known her. Of course, Fabian was totally in love with Nina Martin (the American) and Scarlett was just happy they were happy. There was a short pause before Joy turned to Mara and Mick.