[07]

---

---

Donkey Day arrived and Scarlett had her leg tied to Eddie's. She rolled her eyes as she sat next to him, her head in her hands, her arms resting on her thighs. She hated that she was tied to him.

"This is going to be one very long day," she complained. 

"If you don't speak, it'll go a lot faster," Eddie retorted, making her roll her eyes.

"Well if you didn't stink, maybe I wouldn't want to jump out of a window," she insulted.

He scoffed at her before she moved to the other side of the sofa, dragging him with her. She crossed her legs, leaning back on the sofa. She watched on as Jerome sniffed around, leaning down to Alfie, sniffing him. 

"Dude smells like a lady this morning," he spoke. 

"Jerome, Alfie is not coming into the bathroom with me. I'm going to be untying this leg when I need to go," she informed. 

"Fine, but you will be out of the game. Legs have to stay tied at all times," Jerome replied. 

"I drink a litre of water every morning for hydration purposes," Amber told. 

"Oh, well, that should raise the stakes a bit," he responded. 

"Ready to get served, Jerry?" Eddie questioned, pointing to the buckets behind him.

"Absolutely. Last thing this afternoon, When we have sauced every bit of carrot in the neighbourhood," Jerome muttered, his face showing his disgust. 

Mara walked over, a notebook in hand. 

"Amber, have you got those extra gifts for the lucky dip?" Mara asked. 

"Oh, I left them on my bed. I'll go and get them," she told. "Come on."

She stood, beginning to walk in the opposite direction of Alfie. She screamed. Alfie began to apologise as everyone laughed.

"Alfie, what's wrong with you?" Amber grunted. "Inside. Outside. Inside. Outside," she chanted. "Wrong," she yelled before they turned the corner and were out of site. 

Eddie continued to laugh.

"I don't know why you're so amused. We haven't even tried walking yet," Scarlett voiced. 

He sighed, standing up. 

"Lady don't lie," he admitted. "Shall we?" He gestured for her to stand. 

Scarlett rolled her eyes, standing up, only to fall back down again when he kicked out his leg that was tied to hers. 

"Hey," she exclaimed. "Don't be such an ass," she spat. 

"Okay, okay," he replied, holding out his hand for her to grab. She pulled herself up and began walking, glaring at him as she did. 

---

Scarlett and Eddie made their way to the stall that Joy and Patricia.

"Step right up. Step right up. Pay your money and take a crack at the Jack," Joy yelled before Mr Sweet approached to talk to her. "Ah, gonna have a go, Mr Sweet?" Joy questioned.  

"Oh, no, no, no, no," he repeated, placing a note in the donation box. "Now, I wanted to speak to you about the opening of the exhibition. Gustav Ziestack would like to turn it into a bit of an event. He suggested a masked ball," he informed. 

"Nice," Joy complimented. 

"A masked ball? Count me in. A whole night I don't have to look at your face," Scarlett insulted, turning to Eddie, sending him a sarcastic smile. 

"Yes, well, it is short notice, But you did such a wonderful job of organizing the bid, Joy, I wondered if you'd like to take this on as well," he suggested. 

"I'd love to," she replied. 

"Oh, splendid, splendid," he cheered, holding his hand up for her to high five, which she did. 

"And I know just the person to help me," she muttered.

"Joy, not to be a buzz kill or whatever but maybe you should, I don't know, chill out a bit," Scarlett voiced. 

"I'm seeing your mouth moving but I'm not listening," she told, poking her nose. 

Scarlett rolled her eyes for what felt like the hundredth time that day. 

It was a few minutes later when Eddie and Scarlett were about to have a go at the pinata that Amber ran past screaming at everyone to move. Scarlett laughed at her before placing the blindfold on. She grasped the bat with Eddie and began to hit the pinata before sweets spilt out. 

"Feel the guns," Eddie exclaimed, holding up his arms. 

"I would if you had any," Scarlett retorted before leaning down and grabbing some sweets. 

---

Scarlett was finally free from Eddie and was standing next to Amber, listening to Jerome. 

"And the winners of the wonky donkey are Eddie and Scarlett, with six hours and 30 minutes," he announced. 

Scarlett walked to the stage to claim her prize with Eddie. 

"Thank you, Jerry. I'd also like to thank the academy," Eddie spoke. 

"Uh, excuse me, that's one award we can share," Scarlett pointed out. 

"Yeah, but I pulled most of the weight, especially yours," he taunted. 

"Next time you try to insult someone, make sure it's actually original," she retorted. 

"Yeah, well, you get up in my face again, at least take a mint," he spat back. 

Scarlett scoffed, glaring at him. 

Word Count
[867]