[38]

---

---

Scarlett sat around at breakfast as Eddie took his seat next to her. He placed a mug in front of her full of coffee as well as a flask. She muttered a quick 'thank you'.

"Hey, Jerome, so if that was you in Mara's article, Then does that mean your dad's, like, in prison?" Eddie asked. 

Scarlett elbowed him gently, causing him to flinch and stare at her in confusion. 

"Yes, he is," Jerome admitted. 

"I mean, we're all cool with that, man. Could have just told us," Eddie comforted. 

"Yeah, maybe. Sorry."

"Whoa. Did I just hear that right? Did you just apologize?" Alfie exclaimed. 

"Jerome Clarke, apologising? Alert the media," Scarlett quipped. 

"Shame Joy couldn't apologize to you, hey, Mara?" Amber voiced. 

"She won't even come down to breakfast. She feels really bad," Patricia defended. 

"What'd she expect? I mean, with all the bad-mouthing and lying and plagiarism," Eddie argued. 

"Hey, no Joy-bashing," Mara requested. 

Patricia sighed, "Okay, I do have to admit she has been pretty out of order recently."

"The article she wrote on Nina, it was just low," Fabian agreed. 

"But then to take credit for everything else that Mara has written," Nina added. 

Mara shrugged, "But you all just assumed she'd written them. Joy is not all bad, you know?"

"See you later, guys," Jerome called as he left the dining room.

Mara and Eddie also got up to leave. There was a chorus of farewells. 

It was as they left that Trudy made her way into the dining room. 

"Trudy, you're looking better," Amber greeted.

"I feel better. I think I might be getting my memory back," Trudy revealed.

Amber smiled, "Best news ever."

It was obvious the statement was forced. 

"I decided to start a dream diary and it's unlocking something. Listen to this. First, there's this figure in a black hood. I can hear some sort of bells chiming and then I'm looking at Anubis House, and the lights start to go on, but when I go towards it, I'm a giant, and the house is really small. Then I open the door, and I can just make out some tiny writing on one of the walls," Trudy recalled. 

Nina looked up, expectantly, "What did the words say?"

"I don't know. That's when I woke up. It was all so real. I'm going to go and tell Jasper."