[60]

---

---

When KT managed to escape from the Gatehouse without even facing Frobisher, Scarlett let out the biggest sigh of relief. Her friend was okay and had not been captured by her currently evil great-grandpa. 

The group had rushed to the Gatehouse to find her, glad to see her okay as they had only seen her about to be captured before they ran, not catching anything else on the cameras.

They all argued with KT before she apologised. Once she promised she wouldn't go back, Patricia wrapped her arm around her waist, beginning to lead her back to the house. 

Scarlett smirked, moving to Eddie's side, letting him do the same to her. He then wrapped an arm over Patricia's shoulder, creating a chain reaction as the rest of the group huddled up on the walk back. 

Once alone, Scarlett corned Patricia. 

"So, what was that with KT?" She questioned. When Patricia feigned cluelessness, she continued. "You know, holding her close while we had a midnight stroll back to the house?"

"It was 8pm, Scar."

"You like her," Scarlett accused. 

Patricia guffawed, "You like Eddie."

"That's old news. You and KT, that's new. You hated her."

Patricia sighed, taking a seat with an eye roll, "I did. For you. I thought she liked Eddie. Then we had to hang out more and I realised she was like pretty or whatever."

Patricia paused, looking down at her hands.

"You don't care that I'm gay?"

Scarlett sat down next to her, pulling her into a side hug, "I do but not in a 'it changes the way I see you' way but in the way that you're one of my best friends and this is a part of who you are. I don't think poorly of you, why would I? You're Patricia and I love you."

Patricia's eyes remained downcast as she mumbled 'I love you too'.

Scarlett smiled, amused, "What was that?"

"I love you too."

The pair fell into a comfortable silence.

"I'm sorry." Patricia looked up, confused. "I haven't really been there for you these past couple of weeks, not really."

Patricia let her eyes fall to her chipped nail polish, "Neither have I, though. But it's not like me being a lesbian is some huge revelation. I always kind of knew but KT has just made it clearer."

"You know I'd never stop being your friend for this right?" Patricia nodded. "Good. Because I hope you know you can tell me anything. And I'm sorry you didn't think you could tell me this."

"It's not that I couldn't, I just- there's always that slight chance everything changes and I-I didn't want to lose anyone," Patricia admitted.

Scarlett nodded, "Oh, this friendship is forever. No getting out of it. The retirement home is gonna be an old me, you, Joy, Amber, Mara, and KT going on about the good old days."