[03]

---

---

Scarlett was wide awake that night as Nina's Gran snored loudly. That meant she was awake to watch Nina sneak out of the room and to the attic (although she didn't know this was where she was going at the time). Amber also witnessed it, ushering Scarlett up and out of the room towards where Nina had run off to. 

Of course, Scarlett followed reluctantly, wanting nothing more than to sleep.

"It's indestructible," she heard Nina say as they neared the final door into the attic. 

"I wish they made phones like that," Amber spoke up, revealing herself and Scarlett.

"Amber. Scar," Nina responded, obviously slightly irritated and surprised by the pairs presence. 

"I broke two over the summer. One of them fell in the pool, and the other one got run over by the limo," Amber explained. 

"What?" Scarlett muttered before her eyes caught sight of the Cup of Ankh, glowing. 

"Is that the cup?" She questioned. 

"Is it Sibuna? Is it starting again?" Amber asked.

"No, and why did you both follow me up here? It's supposed to be a date," Nina exclaimed. 

"Oh, sweet. Weird, but sweet," Amber replied. 

"Sorry, she dragged me with her," Scarlett excused. Nina began searching the cup before pressing the small circle within the cup that said 'end'. The glowing of the Cup stopped. 

"Okay, we're good. Maybe we should just go," Nina told. "We don't want Victor to catch us up here again."

"Four's a crowd. I get it. Our bad," Amber spoke up. With that, both girls made a quick exit to their room. Scarlett quickly put her headphones in, drowning out the snoring of Nina's Nan. 

---

Scarlett walked into school that day to see a picture of Jerome dressed in women's clothing plastered on the school wall and Poppy holding many more. She couldn't help but laugh and feel slightly bad for him. 

"And I have plenty more where that came from. Here we have my brother, Jerome, sitting on his potty, age two," Poppy spoke, handing out the pictures. "Jerome crying on Santa's knee, aged eleven. My brother-"

"Poppy," Jerome interrupted. 

"Oh, hi, Gerbil," she greeted. "Do you remember the time you dressed up as a girl?"

"They made me do it. They made me do it. It was a school play. It's a kind of Christmas tradition over here, Nina."

"Hey, no need to justify yourself to me," Nina told. 

"You never told us you had a kid sister," Joy spoke up.

"That's because I refuse to acknowledge she exists," Jerome retorted. "Take it down now."