[77]

---

---

An argument ensued the moment Scarlett told the group (who had gone back to the house) that Sophia had the touchstones. It was interrupted when Mara announced she knew where the stones were. The house was built on them. 

Victor ordered them all to go to graduation as he tried to sort out the situation. Eddie was staying behind because he thought as the Osirian he could help. 

"First chance I get, I'm coming to find you, okay?" Scarlett told him. 

He smiled, kissing her forehead, "It's a date. Get someone to film your speech."

"I will."

They ran to grab their grad outfits before rushing to the school, changing into their robes. 

---

Scarlett groaned when she realised the medal she would have to wear was the one Alfie had told them about. The one he had found with the symbol of Ra on it. Meaning it probably had something to do with the pyramid. 

"If I die, I am haunting you Alfie," she seethed. "I will not be a fucking sacrifice and let you have a peaceful life as a garden gnome."

His eyes widened, "I'm sorry."

"Whatever. Dickhead. Someone needs to videotape my speech."

---

When Scarlett was called up she took a deep breath, accepting her diploma. Fabian, however, was close behind. He tried to take the medal. 

"What's happening?" She whispered. 

He ran out of the hall when she didn't. She frowned. He hadn't answered her question. If he had, she would have handed it over. She was more than worried about it before. He just needed to tell her why. To prove he wasn't just being sour again. 

Mr Sweet continued, placing the medal around her neck. She didn't know what happened next. All everyone saw was her walk out of the hall. 

---

Scarlett walked to where Sophia was. Eddie watched her.

"Ra's angry," he muttered. "He wants his sacrifice." He began towards Scarlett. "Scarlett, stay back." He grabbed a hold of her, only for her to electrocute him.

She stopped in her place, blinking. Eddie had grabbed the coin. 

"Eddie?" She muttered. "What's happening?"

 He stood, grabbing her face, "She built the pyramid. And you were gonna be- not anymore. You're okay."

A beam reached from the sun to the pyramid, lightning strikes hitting the areas around them. Mr Sweet came running towards them, Victor close behind.