[50]

---

---

Scarlett quickly realised that Alfie was missing. She sighed, going to find him, knowing the zombie thing had freaked him out. She'd got him a water gun hoping it would help with the whole fear issue. She bumped into Eddie, who steadied her by grabbing her arms. 

"Whoa, where you going? The kitchen's that way," he spoke, pointing. "And what is that?" He was staring at the water gun in her hands.

"Alfie. He's freaked about the whole zombie thing. So, I'm bribing him out from under his bed," she explained. 

Eddie nodded, "smart."

"Yes. I'm the Velma of this group. We all knew that," she joked. 

"Who would I be then?" Eddie asked, following after her.

Scarlett smiled, "Scooby."

Eddie scoffed, shaking his head, "I am not the dog."

Scarlett stopped, turning to face him, "Logically, you'd be Fred."

"Wouldn't that make you Daphne?" 

"If we were dating, sure. But also my role in the group isn't gonna be defined by a man," she responded. 

"My bad. But we did date," he voiced. 

"Did, Eddie. Besides, I'm obviously a Velma, duh," she corrected. 

"But hotter."

"Velma is plenty hot in the live action, thank you very much," Scarlett argued, brushing over the fact Eddie had called her hot. 

"Listen, Scar, I was thinking..."

Scarlett cut him off, "One sec. Gotta deal with Alfie." She pushed open his door, knocking over everything blocking it. "It's me Alfie, a non-zombified Scarlett."

She flicked the light on, walking towards where he hid under the bed.

"I come baring gifts," she spoke, holding it so he could see it. 

He scooted himself out of the bed, as Scarlett rambled on about zombies, trying to calm him down. 

"Realistically, Alfie, zombies are decaying, their ears and eyes go pretty quickly and so will nerves, I think. So, would their nose. They'd just be walking around with no senses until they die from hunger. You'd be safe. Just shove them out of the way and run."

Eddie had walked in after her, watching her ramble animatedly, hands waving as she explained it. He felt himself smile as she spoke. She glanced back to him, making him snap out of it, nodding along. 

"She's right."

Alfie quickly freaked out when air moved through the vent in his room. He yelled out, squirting the water at the vent. 

"It's just wind, Alfie."

He denied it, claiming it was zombies. Scarlett tried once more to convince him otherwise. She watched as Alfie ignored everything she said, and sat on his bed, water gun in hand.