[65]

---

---

Scarlett heard from KT about the very loud confrontation with Patricia and how things between them, although short, were well and truly 'over'. And were now very much public knowledge. 

KT was devastated. So was Patricia, but she wouldn't admit it. Patricia had taken the messages to heart and wouldn't hear anything that KT had to say. According to her, KT was guilty and she was a 'fucking shit girlfriend and an even worse friend'. Patricia's words, not Scarlett's.

KT had gone to Scarlett, sobbing about the whole thing. She was begging the girl to believe that she would never do anything to jeopardise their relationship. She adored Scarlett and never wanted to hurt her. 

The girl had witnessed the scene in front of her as she sat in her bed, stuffed animal in her arms. She had been shocked to silence for a few seconds before she truly took in the mess of a girl at the end of her bed. There was no way she could have done it. She was a decent liar, but there was no way she could bring on waterworks like that.

Besides, from what Scarlett had known of KT, from their, albeit short, friendship, KT had never done anything to make her doubt their friendship. So, she reassured her that she knew she hadn't done that.

And the pair hugged for a while as KT tried to calm down and then explain what had happened with Patricia. 

Scarlett sat in her bed, KT by her side, "I think it has something to do with Denby."

KT frowned, "What?"

"The messages. I think Denby planted them or something. Maybe it has something to do with the sinners. Jealousy and all that. She tried to tell me Eddie had a wandering eye," Scarlett explained. "She's been weirdly invested in the entire make-up. Like she has some reason to want us to break up."

---

Sibuna had been summoned together once more. Scarlett was the last to make it down the ladder, right after Patricia, who had gone missing after her argument with KT. Scarlett put it down to wanting space and didn't question it as she made her way into the secret room, where Eddie was waiting to talk to her.

"There you are. Where have you been?" Eddie asked, gently pulling her aside.

"I was doing my homework," she replied, looking down at her hands. 

"Scarlett, those messages; I didn't write them," he swore. "I don't know how they got there."

Scarlett's eyes landed on KT, her mind flashing back to the girl crying. She let her eyes rest there for a second before she moved them to Eddie. 

She smiled weakly, "KT beat you to it. I know you didn't. I knew, I just- Patricia said something to me after she read the messages and it really upset me. I just needed some time alone to kind of think all of it through. I'm sorry for leaving and making you think I didn't trust you."