[20]

---

---

Scarlett decided to study in the living room as no one was there, she dragged her bag there, dumping it on the arm of the chair, grabbing her maths textbooks. She began working through the questions with ease.

Patricia soon joined, sitting at the dining room table, noticing how Eddie had joined Scarlett, sitting on the opposite sofa. 

Eddie looked up, about to say something. 

"Not interested, so," Scarlett interrupted, waving him off. 

Eddie then got up and sat next to her. She stood, ready to leave when he pulled her back down. 

"No, hey, hey, hey. Okay, look, about us, I mean, the whole thing we've got," Eddie began.

"Oh, the 'you hate me, I totally despise you' thing. Go on," she replied. 

"Well, we both know that's not true. Exhibit A: We almost kissed," Eddie continued, cutting Scarlett of when she went to protest. "Ah, no. Exhibit B: I lowered my force field, remember?" He made the weird 'zshoop' noice again. "And I told you I like you. Exhibit C: And this is the real clincher."

"Okay," Scarlett spoke, shifting slightly in her seat. 

"I heard you tell Joy and Patricia you like me."

"What? No, you didn't." Scarlett argued. 

"Yeah, you said I was cute and shit. You like spending time with me. But you could never tell me."

"But I didn't say that, 'cause I don't think it. I think you're a dick, is what I think," she seethed. "You claim to like me and then go about it the worst way. Word of advice, that's not how you get a girl to like you." 

"You know, you can drop the 'tude. We both know it's just an act," Eddie told. 

"Says you, the wisecracking skateboarding rebel. We've all seen the Simpsons. You're the biggest fake I know," Scarlett insulted. 

"Me? You're all front. And you're too chicken to admit it. Maybe I don't know you, at all. But you know what? I'm really fine with that," Eddie yelled. 

"Good."

"Good."

"Perfect."

"Fine." 

"Finally."

Scarlett stormed off with Patricia not too far behind, having witnessed the whole argument. 

"Patricia. Scarlett."

"What?" She snapped. "Sorry."

"We're going down to the tunnels. We know what the clue means," Nina informed. 

"Nina doesn't want to wait for Fabian, which I totally understand and support. Please tell her she's crazy," Amber explained. 

"It's too risky, right, Trixie? Scar?" Alfie questioned.