Chapter 17

Kingston

"Are you ready?" I ask Kaden as I pull up to Andres's house. He flashes me a small smile and nods hesitantly.

"I didn't ask this yesterday, but do I have any siblings?" Kaden asks sheepishly.

"Not that I know of," I respond. Honestly, my brother is pretty responsible, but you never know.

Kaden inhales a sharp breath before opening the back door and steps out of the car. Dario lifts my hand up to his mouth and places a light kiss on my knuckles, showing me his support. I send a grateful look his way before stepping out of the car. Dario does the same and all three of us head up the steps to the front door. The guards send me a nod as the front gate informed them we were coming. I had to lie to the front gate guards and say that Kaden was Dario's cousin and he was just hanging out with us for the day.

Leta, my fathers long time maid and the woman I saw as my mother figure growing up, greets us at the door. She squeals and engulfs me in a bone crushing hug. After several long seconds that feel like an eternity she finally lets go. Her eyes scan over Dario and she looks at me with a smirk.

"You picked a handsome one. You two will make beautiful grandbabies." She smiles. What is it with everyone wanting babies? I'm not a damn vending machine that's just going to pop out babies for everyone's pleasure.

"I'm glad you approve," I chuckle.

"What's all this talk about grandbabies I hear?" My father asks as he descends the stairs. He walks over to Leta placing a soft kiss on her lips.

"I always knew you two had a thing for each other, but when did this happen?" I ask amused.

"About a month ago," Leta grins, "It only took your father twenty-nine years to grow some balls and ask me out?"

"Hey, this is the twenty-first century you could have asked me out, Woman." He defends.

"That would technically be sexual harassment, dumbass. I'm still your employee." Leta rolls her eyes while the rest of us chuckle at my father who is pouting.

We don't mention that it would be the same if he pursued her. 

My fathers eyes scan over me, then Dario, then finally they meet Kaden's. He takes a sharp breath and turns to me. "Kingston, sweetheart are you going to introduce your..." My father trails off, not knowing what word to use.

"Nephew," I answer. Dario gives my hand a little squeeze. "Where is Andres?"

My father blanches and tilts his head, his eyes resembling those of bugs. "Holy shit."

"I know, right. It's scary."

My father nods as Leta murmurs, "He's is in his office." 

I lead Kaden through the house with Dario, my father and Leta trailing behind. We pass many of my brothers men who give us curious looks. 

Arriving at my brothers office I don't bother to knock as I push it open. So much for first impressions. I think as we walk into a gruesome sight. The walls of my brothers office are splattered with fresh red blood and remnants of a brain. Standing over a women's body is my brother. He looks furious with blood splattered all over his once clean white dress shirt.

"Awesome!" Kaden cheers from beside me. With inhuman speed my brother whips his head in the direction of Kaden. He looks confused but his eyes visibly soften. Andres takes out his phone and texts someone. Most likely his clean up crew.

"What are you two doing here and who is this?" He asks me gesturing to Kaden with his hand, swallowing roughly. 

"This is Kaden and you know who he is. I can see it in your eyes." I answer. "Go get cleaned up we will be in the living room."