Chapter 20

Kingston-Monday-5days later

I never got the chance to confront Talia because I've been swamped with cases. For instance, I've been working nonstop all weekend to prepare for Mr. Smither's trial tomorrow. I haven't slept in over forty-eight hours and I feel like my brain is going to shut down. Tonight I just want to sleep peacefully at home, home being in Dario's arms.

I press the call button on my intercom and wait for Mika to answer. "Yes, Kingston."

"Mika, can I get another coffee, please?" I request.

"I'll be right on it, Miss. LaRose."

Two minutes later Mika enters my office with a steaming cup of coffee. She places it down on a black marble coaster on the corner of my desk. "Do I have any meetings later today?" I ask.

"Yes, you have a phone call with the DA's office at four and Mr. Brewski has requested you call him, something about Mr. Smithers. He didn't specify." She answers.

"Thank you, Mika," I say. She nods before proceeding to walk out the door.

I have around five hours before my call with the DA which means I could probably fit in a twenty-minute power nap between the Smither's case and the William's case. I push up the sleeves of my black sweater and take a sip of my coffee. Today is going to be a long day.

Her outfit⬇️

Around an hour into my work, my phone starts to ring

Around an hour into my work, my phone starts to ring. I get up and walk over to the coffee table where my phone resides. The caller ID reads Gianna. Why would she be calling me? I quickly accept the call.

"He-," I'm cut off by her frantic voice.

"K-kingston something happened h-he won't calm down. He trashed his whole office. P-please come!" She pleads into the phone. She sounds like she's crying.

"I'm on my way," I say into the phone before canceling the call and grabbing my purse before running out the door.

"Cancel all my meetings!" I almost shout at Mika as I run past her. All my employees and some clients poke their heads out of offices to look at all the commotion but I don't care. All that matters right now is Dario.

I tap my foot impatiently as the elevator seems to be taking forever. Finally reaching the lobby I sprint out the door and frantically hail a cab.

Getting into the cab I slam the door quickly and say. "DaVino Manor, an extra hundred if you can get me there in less than thirty minutes."

I take my MacBook Air out of my purse and skillfully hack into the cameras surrounding his office. It was easy as I'm the one who updated his carbon footprint and security and knows it inside and out.