Meet Me At Midnight Sneak Peak

"Midnight," Elio breathes as he studies the black and white image of himself, clutched in his right hand

"Midnight," Elio breathes as he studies the black and white image of himself, clutched in his right hand. A moment ago when he walked into his office with his team behind him; he noticed a picture and a note pinned by a dagger to the oakwood desk. She didn't have to sign the note for him to know it was Midnight. Her infamous M/O was enough to send shivers of fear down the spines of anyone. No matter how fearless you think you are, no matter how untouchable you are, no matter how much you think you can run from her; you can't. Once you're marked by Midnight you'll be dead within the next twenty-four hours.

"You've been marked," Malia, Elios' explosives expert gasps out in shock.

"Yes," He confirms. "Although, for some reason I don't feel as if she wants to kill me." Seeing their looks he adds. "Not now, at least."

"What do you mean?" Alessio, his head of security asks. "You know how it works with Midnight. Once you're marked you'll be dead by next evening."

"The note," He says sliding the note across the smooth desk towards his team. "They say you know when you're about die. You have a feeling. No matter how much you crave death, no matter if you wish it upon yourself; you know. For me, I'm not afraid of dying I've felt the presence of death far to many times. I don't feel like I did when I was shot in Bangkok. I don't feel like I did when my father attempted to assassinate me. I don't feel anything."

"Perhaps you feel nothing because you've accepted death," Davina, his weapons specialist remarks. "You have welcomed death far too many times. You don't fear dying. You've embraced it."

"No," Says Damien, his right hand and the most intelligent person Elio has ever met besides her. "The quote Midnight used talks about life going on. She is either mocking the fact that she will be killing you in the very near future or she is saving your life. The quote could mean someone is after you and beseeched of her assistance to take care of the job and she left this as a warning to watch your back."

"Damien have you lost your mind?" Davina asks her brother seriously. He quirks his right brow at her question. "Midnight is ruthless. She kills with no mercy, she'll kill anyone no questions asked. The woman is a legend for a reason. She has and will never leave a target breathing."

"No, Davina I have not lost my mind." Damien huffs. "It's just a theory. I've never seen her mark in person, but I've also never heard of her leaving anything other than the picture. This is a message of some sort."

"I completely agree," Adrian, Elios' hacker says.

"As do I," Malia and Alessio say in unison.

"Robert Frost," Elio muses. "The worlds deadliest woman enjoys poetry."