Chapter 4

Dario

I wake up with half my body off the couch and a very stiff back. I check my phone on the coffee table next to me. It reads 8:24 am. I look at my bed to see it's empty. Where the fuck is Kingston?

I check the bathroom then the closet. I grab a hoodie and some basketball shorts and that's when I notice a pair are missing from the drawer. Yes, I know the amount of shorts I have in my closet. It's not weird, people.

She must have left already. Why does that make me sad? I take a shower, brush my teeth, and get dressed before heading downstairs.

I'm about halfway down the stairs when I run into my mother and father. They both have excited looks on their faces. Eww. That means they had sex.

"Oh good," My mother says clapping her hands together. "We were just coming to get you!"

"Why are you two so excited?" I quirk a brow. Please don't say sex.

"This," My mother says shoving her phone in my face. I'm met with a picture of Kingston and my little sister Rosa baking. Hmm...good with children. Good to know.

"I took this when they weren't paying attention," My mother explains. "Your sister absolutely loves Kingston!" She gushes.

"I should have known my psycho son would be attracted to another psycho," My father teases. "It was written in the stars."

"You know who she is?" I quirk a brow. This is news to me. I mean my father and Armando have always been close, but Kingston said she was hidden so...

"Of course we know who she is we're her godparents," My father responds. "Who else would Armando trust with his baby girl then your mother and I?"

"Does she know that?" I ask.

"We just told her when we caught her trying to sneak out the window in the hallway. We knew who she was immediately." My mother replies this time. "When you told us your lawyer was Kingston I was hoping you two would start a relationship." My mother says bouncing up and down with excitement.

"Mom nothing like that is going on. She just got drunk at the club last night so I brought her and her friend Juan here." I explain.

Little footsteps I know all too well sound in the hallway."Dorito!" My sister squeals before launching herself at me. I pick her up and twirl her around as she giggles and squeals.

"Good morning, Rosa." I greet kissing her cheek. Despite our age difference, we are very close.

"Dorito, Queenie, and I made pancakes!" Rosa says excitedly.

"Queenie?" I wonder aloud.

"Kingston is a girl. Her name should be Queenston, not Kingston," My sister explains causing Kingston to giggle.

"Good morning, Dorito." Kingston mocks/

"Shut up, Queenie." I mock, "She's too adorable to say no to."

"That she is," She laughs.

"Pancakes! Pancakes! Pancakes!" My sister cheers grabbing both mine and Kingston's hands pulling us towards the kitchen with my parents smiling and laughing behind us.

"Sit," Rosa orders us. Kingston and I oblige whilst chuckling. My parents come in and do the same.  Rosa grabs the stack of pancakes, some butter and syrup, and a plate of bacon and eggs with some difficulty. I offer to help but she yells at me to sit down. She is definitely a DaVino.