Chapter 31

Kingston

Around a hundred Russians barge into the room, firing bullets from machine guns. Dario and I shoot a couple of Russians from behind the table we are currently using as a shield. Vesla and some of the other assassins I've met-from both Dario's and my brother's mafias- shoot down Russians from behind pillars, my father and Leta are shooting from a game booth, Juan, Vader, and Lucas are shooting from behind one of the creepy clown cutouts and finally, my brother is shouting orders to his soldiers through the phone while rolling away from a falling ceiling light.

About thirty of the Russians are dead, so the first three lines of the assembled army; when our soldiers pour in through the other exits. The Russians look momentarily shocked as our men pour in, doubling theirs.

I wish I had a fucking camera! Their dumb mutt faces are priceless.

Now is not the time to be thinking about stupid shit!

Shut up, I have people to kill.

Exactly, you dumb bitch!

I run out of bullets before Dario so I grab the closest thing to a weapon next to me. A silver serving tray?! That will have to do. I fling the tray as hard as I can at the oncoming line of Russians. Because of my insane accuracy and my weird obsession with boomerangs I had in the seventh grade the tray takes two of the Russians' heads clean off.

With a stunned expression, I hurriedly pick up another one, doing the same thing. I do the same thing over and over with seven other trays. In the end, I successfully beheaded seventeen Russians. The rest of our soldiers and my family took out the rest of the Russians.

"Is anyone hurt?" Dario shouts, his deadly voice sending a shiver down my spine. Twelve soldiers step forward, eight of the men and four of them woman-one the woman being Vesla. The soldiers don't look to have any fatal injuries, only gunshot wounds to their shoulders, arms, and, one thigh.

Dario nods. "Valentina is waiting outside with ambulances ready to be transported to our hospital." I love how he says our. Unlike most leaders in the mafia or just people in general; Dario includes his soldiers when he speaks of important matters, he protects their families, he actually cares about them. He is not just a leader who craves power and uses his soldiers carelessly like Sergei.

They nod and leave through the broken windows, which I suppose is easier than walking all the way to the door. Dario turns to me with a worried expression, he grabs my shoulders and examines my body for any damage. "Are you hurt?"

"No, are you?" I ask. He shakes his head, no. "That whole you throwing trays thing was a fucking turn on. I love how intelligent and fast thinking you are." He groans.

I chuckle. "Leave it to you to get turned on by me beheading Russian mutts."

A/N-I MEAN NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE WHO IS OF RUSSIAN DESCENT. I PERSONALLY DON'T HATE RUSSIAN PEOPLE; HOWEVER MY CHARACTERS DO FOR OBVIOUS REASONS. BUT IF ANYONE FINDS ANY NAMES MY CHARACTERS CALL OTHERS IN THIS STORY OR ANYTHING IN GENERAL OFFENSIVE FEEL FREE TO DM ME AND I WILL DEFINITELY BE OPEN TO CHANGING IT.

His eyes darken with lust and desire. "I'm always turned on by you."

"Down boy, now is not the time to be thinking about sex. Jellybean will get what he deserves later." I wink before turning away from him. I hear him curse in Italian behind me, but don't catch what he says.

Our main family is gathered in a large circle in the middle of the ballroom, taking in what just happened. One hundred dead Russians littered the ground, blood-soaked walls, tile, and pretty much every surface of this fucking room is drenched in fucking blood. A tangy metallic taste settles in the air making me feel the sudden urge to throw up. Apparently, everyone else feels the same as Juan rushes off to the nearest plant, and Gianna, Leta, and Lucas scan the room for something to puke in.

I'm just about to suggest we all leave this horrifying sight when I see movement out of the corner of my eye. My father and Dario catch the movement as well and lift their guns. A Russian soldier has his gun pointed at Juan's chest. Juan doesn't notice as he is too busy wiping whatever he last ate off his cop uniform, which by the way is a real cop uniform, but you'll hear about that story at Dario's and I's wedding.

A gunshot is heard and Juan's eyes go wide before he falls to the ground with a blood-curdling scream. My ears ring, my heart stops, and my mind goes blank. My whole world has just stopped as if someone flipped an off switch. I don't hear the last words of the Russian before Dario puts a bullet between his eyes. I don't hear Vaders cries of agony as his boyfriend lays on the floor, blood dripping out of the corner of his mouth. All I hear is Juans' scream replaying over and over inside my head.

I don't know how I got here, I don't know how long it has been since my best friend was shot; all I know is that I'm lying next to my best friend of twenty-six years, cradling his head in my arms, tears streaming down my cheeks.

I don't bother to check for a pulse or if blood is staining his uniform. I already know he is dead. That bullet was straight to the heart. It would have killed him instantly. I sob silently, my best friend is dead and I am going to fucking kill the bastard responsible for his death; Sergei Ivanov your time on this earth is limited, so count your fucking days.

🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵

Unknown POV

"This wasn't part of the fucking plan!" The irate woman shouts in my ear through the phone. "It was a children's party, a goddamn children's party! You are lucky not one child got hurt because if they did I would fly my ass to Russian and kick your ass myself."

"If you would let me get a damn word in then you would know I had no idea what he was planning. My father nor my brother included me in their plan which means they're getting suspicious. We have to start phase two of the plan within this week." I say in perfect English, my Russian accent coming on thick.

"I agree," She says in a deadly calm tone, her voice underlying excitement and something else.

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
😳So what are your thoughts on this chapter? Also I'm sorry for the late update I had a huge essay due this week and today my friends and I had a snow day, but I stayed up to write this chapter and powered through with the help of coffee.
SC🖤