Chapter 25

A week later-Kingston

"Get your flat ass back here, Kingston!" Dario shouts as he chases me through the house. I weave in and out of rooms, skirting around maids, jumping over counters. Finally not hearing his pounding footsteps chasing after me I enter the nearest door, which happens to be a cleaning supply closet. I slump against the wall, trying to steady my thundering heart.

I haven't been avoiding Dario per se, I've been avoiding the conversation we need to have. The only times we've talked all week is when I was moving all my shit in yesterday. When he would come to bed I would pretend to be asleep and would leave before he woke up. We haven't been intimate except for the occasional pecks on the lips and cheek.

I technically didn't do anything wrong by looking into his capos and his men and woman, but I did undermine his authority in that meeting by stabbing his shoulder and killing Rossi. I contacted the Russian fuck and informed him I was on a long mission and would get back to him as soon as I could. It was a lie, but it bought me time.

In other news, Juan and I decide to rent out our apartment. Our apartment was very expensive and we both realized we could make some extra cash every month; not that we needed it. Juan was rich enough being one of my brother's profilers.

🪐🪐🪐🪐🪐

I must have fallen asleep in the closet because I woke up in bed to the sounds of Eric Cartman (if you know this show ily) and Dario stroking my hair.

I look up at him through my eyelashes. He's trying to hold in his laugh while watching the show, careful not to wake me up. This man continues to care so much about me even when I've been acting like a bitch. Now I feel bad. Extremely bad.

Seeming to notice I'm awake Dario places his hands on my waist and lifts me up slightly so my face is level with his.

"How long have I been asleep?" I ask.

"Around three hours," He answer. "Fuck!" I curse, trying to get out of Dario's hold. "Dario let me go! I have a shit ton of work to do!"

"No," He squeezes me tighter. "You heard Valentina, you need to rest. Work can wait." I sigh. He's right there is no point in arguing.

"Our inevitable talk that I've been avoiding can't, though," I state.

"Yes, it can. It can wait till morning. For now, you are going to cuddle me and rest."

🦙🦙🦙🦙🦙

The morning sun rays shine through the white linen curtains we forgot to close last night. I stretch out my arms that were tucked under my chest; instantly feeling the tingling sensation that I knew would come.

I slowly unwrap Dario's arm off my back, careful not to wake him up; luckily he's a heavy sleeper. I pad softly to the bathroom and brush my teeth before walking back to the bed. I start placing soft butterfly kisses down his jaw to his neck and finally down his stomach. I slowly trace my fingernails down his abs as I suck harshly on his neck. His eyes snap open and I'm suddenly flipped over with him on top of me.

He doesn't say anything instead he moves my hair away and harshly sucks on my neck. I moan as he agonizingly slow licks the skin he just sucked. He peppers kisses all over the top of my breasts before reaching around my back and unclipping my bra with one hand.