Chapter 26

Dario POV of the week

Frustration, anger, disappointment, sadness, loneliness, emptiness; all emotions I've felt this week. Kingston has been avoiding me since I asked her to move in with me. I know she said yes, but her avoidance is making me feel insecure and unsure; something I've never felt before.

We haven't said more than ten words to each other this week and the most intimate we've been is a couple of pecks on the cheek and lips. That is a drastic change from fucking every chance we get. Every night I hope we'll have a pillow talk or some shit and work out our differences like other adults in relationships, but when I come to bed she's already asleep and when I wake up she's gone. I know she's pretending to be asleep and I know I'm a pussy for letting her get away with avoiding the conversation.

On Wednesday when she told me she was officially moving in I was over the moon. I thought we would talk and everything would be okay. Well, I was wrong. She continued to ignore me, fleeing every time I entered the room, training the girls and Kaden, pretty much actively avoiding me. I was pissed; I just wanted my fucking girlfriend back.

And that's why today I would force her to fucking talk. It was Friday night which meant it was our night to hole up in the bedroom away from the chaos in this house. I didn't want sex, I didn't want to watch a movie, I didn't want anything else we normally do on Friday nights, I just want to fucking talk.

👽👽👽👽👽

"I want to take you somewhere," I state in-between kissing Kingston's neck. "Where?" She moans as she applies mascara.

"I don't know, somewhere." I remove my lips from her neck and run my fingers through her long hair. "If we leave now we can be back by Monday night."

"I have to work Monday and so do you," She turns around and wraps her hands around my neck. She softly weaves her hand through my hair and places a kiss on my jaw. "As much as I would love to, we can't neglect our jobs."

"We can work on the plane ride home," I suggest. She chuckles and asks, "You're not going to give this up, are you?"

"No, we need alone time away from everything," I say before tickling her stomach. She starts lashing out at me while laughing uncontrollably. "D-dario, s-s-stop it!" She wheezes.

"No, not until you say yes," I command.

"O-o-okay, l-lets go!"

"I love you," I peck her cheek quickly before sprinting out of the bathroom to the door. "I'm going to call the pilot!" I yell.

I call the pilot and inform our families and everyone who needs to know that Kingston and I will be taking a mini-vacation and will be back Monday night. Vader tries to lecture me about how we're in the middle of a war, but I don't fucking care.

Kingston has kept in contact with Sergei and gotten some details. He won't give up where he's hiding, but as of right now we know he is lying low and doing everything he can to track our warehouses and shipments.

🏝🏝🏝🏝🏝

Forty-five minutes later Kingston and I are all packed. I'm so thankful she's not one of those girls who takes hours to get packed and brings like six suitcases. Sky and Rosy tried to manipulate us into bringing them, but Georgia managed to shut that down while Kaden and Eliana were laughing their asses off. Note to self: give Kaden the 'if you hurt my daughter I'll feed you to the tigers' talk. They've been spending way too much time together, to the point where he practically lives here.