chapter fifteen: fan attitude

"Wow, this looks so good!" Eunwol exclaims at her pasta and Donghyuck smiles.

Only when the worker exits the private room of the cafe restaurant they're in do they take off their disguise.

"Try it. It tastes good, too."

The girl twirls the saucy noodles around her fork and slurps- seeing sparks and colours at the rich, savoury flavour.
"Amazing! 10/10!"

Her date grins sheepishly, relieved that she likes it. "Of course. I chose this place."

They enjoy their meal in silence after Donghyuck kept choking on his food because he was stubborn on wanting to talk- resulting the surface of Eunwol's scary, mom side and she threatens to stab him with her fork if he won't stop.

"Let's get drinks after," he suggests while finishing his meal.

"Sure."

She takes longer but, Haechan waits patiently- letting her take her sweet time as he plays with his phone every once in a while.

Wollie looks up at him when his eyes are set on his phone screen and she smiles, touched by his silent yet, considerate treatment.

"Thank you," she says to the restaurant worker when they're exiting with her voice slightly muffled behind her mask.

The pair continue to walk down the path to the beverage store and Donghyuck looks at her from shadowed eyes. "You can open your cap and mask if you want. You don't have to hide your face. It's me who has to."

She turns to him briefly. "I know. But, I just want to. Besides, you're not the only one who has a fan base now."

The male grins in amusement at her haughty remark and he naturally links his arm around hers- surprising her.

Smooth, she thinks.

"I can't believe I forgot that," he dramatically gasps. "Wahh, I'm going out with a celebrity right now!"

"Ya!"

He chuckles playfully and dodges when she's about to nudge him with her hip.

She glares and their trip to the store becomes shorter than they thought.

After ordering their drinks, they choose a table and wait.

Donghyuck stares at her whilst she pulls off her cap and mask- twirling his phone in his hand.
"Let's take a photo."

"What?" She sounds, not really expecting it but sees him already taking off his disguise.

Thankfully, they're the only customers.

By the next second, they find themselves sitting next to each other- Donghyuck being the one who moved, persistent to take proper selfies.

"Ohh, I like them," he mumbles- swiping through the pics while returning to his seat facing her.

Eunwol holds a small smile as she dwells in the thought that he invited her to take pics and now she will be in his gallery.

She then, proceeds to properly organize her cap and mask on the table just as a camera goes off.

Click!

Her head whips to Hyuck who's frowning at his phone.

"Ya! Why did you move? What are you, a ghost? You look like one here!"

She blinks, baffled. "Then, you should've told me you were taking a pic! How would I know?"

"Don't move, let me take a picture of you!"

"Wait! Let me pose first!"

Hyuck suddenly spots a prop put on the table at the side specifically for the customers and he takes a flower crown. "Take this!"

Butterflies flutter round and about in her and she grabs a small bouquet.

Their abrupt bickering cause them to not realize of the man who just entered and Hyuck takes a shot- grinning at the outcome of the picture.

"Let me see," she says and he turns the screen to her.

"Isn't it pretty?" He asked and retracts his hand back.

Her lips upturn. "Well, duh. It's my face."

She cups her cheeks and her lids flutter- acting cute just for mockery.

But his reaction isn't as how she predicted.

Eunwol freezes when his hand reaches out to gently squeeze her cheek and he chuckles with a smirk.

"You really are pretty, aren't you?"

And that view is captured by a man who's acting as a customer and he's instantly filled with frustration when he sees how blurry the photo came out.

But thankfully, the moment he tries to take another pic, the pair wear back their masks and cap at the realization of his presence.