chapter five: right?

"Who you talking to?" Johnny asks his roommate, Donghyuck, when he sees how smiley he is at his phone.

Hyuck glances up at him. "Just the Dreamies."

Johnny nods and climbs onto his own bed to play games.

Donghyuck continues to text and he hides his guilt. He doesn't want to lie to his hyung but, he can't tell the truth either.

What will Johnny think if he does tell that he's chatting with Eunwol?

His texts with her end after their goodbyes and Donghyuck heads over to his monitor- going onto the web.
"Hyung, when are we going to Japan again?"

"Next week. Why?" Johnny answers bluntly, busy with his game.

"Nothing. It's nothing," Hyuck replies although, his mind continues to run with questions.

Will Eunwol be brought to Japan too? Or, will they take another staff? Considering, she's new and the youngest of all the available staff there is, she might be seen as unfitting.

He never actually paid much attention to his former makeup artists. But this time, all he thinks about is how to make sure Eunwol joins them to Japan.

Hyuck stares at his phone and reaches for it, pondering whether to ask her or not.

[fullsun☀️]:
Are you coming to japan with|

He stares at the text and erases it. Why is he even asking, anyways? It's not like he's worried about having a staff short, right?

It doesn't matter if she doesn't come. They'll make sure the staffs will be enough.

That's what he's worried about, right?

-

Wrong.

Short of staff or not, he genuinely just wants her to come with them.

The thought of someone else doing his makeup just makes him upset.

Thus, leading to him constantly looking around here and there at the airport as they wait to get in the waiting area.

"Who are you looking for?" Taeil asks and he blanks out for a second.

"Mark," he blurts. "Where's Mark hyung?"

Taeil points at the chairs where the said male sits with Johnny and Jaehyun before walking away.

Hyuck pouts and hangs his head down sadly which Doyoung notices but just as he's about to approach, a clear, bubbly voice can be heard from quite afar- making the younger turn.

"Hello, my name's Oh Eunwol. I'm honoured to be working with you," Eunwol introduces herself while carrying the trays of coffee in her small hands.

"This is the newly assigned makeup artist for Donghyuck I told you about. I have to say, ever since she started working with us, the foundations and tones match better..."

The NCT 127 makeup team's leader's voice fades as Doyoung pulls his eyes away and focuses back on Hyuck to continue his previous agenda.

But, is unexpectedly halted when he sees a smile on their unit maknae's face.

Young furrows, distinctly remembering how upset he was and tracks his gaze, only to find him staring at Eunwol.

His eyes widen subtly in surprise.

The rookie staff then, approaches Haechan, offering the extra beverages.

"Drinks, Donghyuck-ssi?" She offers and the term she uses makes him gag.

"Donghyuck-ssi(mister)?" He scoffs. "Woww, sorry but you've got the wrong person."

She shoots a soft glare. "Just choose a drink."

"Or...what?" He taunts and tilts his head down while bending slightly to match her height.

Eunwol scoffs, unfazed. "Just pick a drink, Donghyuck-ssi."

His brow arches up and he parts his lips to counter-attack but is obstructed.

"Oh, drinks. Can I have one?" Doyoung arrives and Hyuck quickly stands up straight.

Wollie nods and performs a small bow of respect. "Yes, of course."

He picks a beverage and she walks away- sparing not a single glance more and Doyoung checks Donghyuck.

The latter also has his eyes elsewhere from the girl, intentionally showing a lack of concern for her so the older won't suspect.