chapter thirty-nine: moon

"And the trophy goes to NCT 127! Congratulations!!"

The said group stands from their seats and head for the stage as people clap uproariously for them.

As usual, the winners proceed with expressing their gratitude and speech before the MC takes back the microphone to ask a few additional questions- especially to those that didn't talk.

And in this case, Haechan.

"I know some of you here have won another award just a week ago as members of NCT Dream so, I wanted to ask how does it feel to be so talented as to win yet, another grand prize?" The host points his mic to Donghyuck and all focus on him.

The young idol grabs it and brings it close to his lips. "Amazing, of course, what else is there?"

Laughter rises from his sassy yet, relatable comment.

He grins. "It feels great to get another win and I am really thankful for it. To all the staff, producers, Czennies, I give you my gratitude because without you all, we won't be where we are today.
"Actually, I, haven't really been thinking much about the awards. I've only focused on doing my best in everything I do in order to give the perfect performance."

"Oh, really? So you had no interest in the awards, at all?" The MC queries and he shakes his head, chuckling.

"That's not what I meant. Of course, I care about it, I'm very thankful for it, for all of you. I just meant that I was prioritizing something else more," Donghyuck answers.

The host raises his brows in wonder. "Is that so? Can you tell us what it is?"

A message that tends to surface in hid mind from time to time, plays again.

"So, lift your ass up from that bed, Donghyuck. I know, you've been slacking.
"Get back to work so I can see you more and more on screen, hm? You're a really amazing and strong person, Donghyuck. And I'm grateful that I met you.
"Thank you for everything. I love you."

He smiles and nears the mic to his lips again. "To give the best to Czennies, of course."

The NCTzens all shriek at his flatters and the MC laughs while members of the group howl at their maknae's smooth skills.

"Wow~! The Czennies are all very excited right now all because of your comment! As always, Haechan always gives us the best!"

The award session goes on with other celebrities and eventually, the event ends.

-

The ride back home is fairly quiet with some members asleep, some having a live while others are playing with their phones.

"Hey, there's a new girl group coming," Johnny says after checking the medias.
"Oh~ I like their concept."

"Really? What company?" Haechan asks as he, too, browses through the internet.

The older reads the information. "Oh, it's GALA Entertainment. The small, new company that got famous because their boy group was a huge success."

"The ones that produced Y0UT4?" The younger turns to him with surprise and gains a nod. "Oh, I found them."

(a/n: Y0UT4 is pronounced as youth)

He scans through the details, quite curious due to Y0UT4 being a fast blooming group that makes him wonder how the next set will be.

"They're not showing their faces," Donghyuck realizes as he looks at the debut pictures of the new group, CODE.

"Yeah, apparently, they're not showing them until their MV comes up," Johnny explains with eyes stuck on his phone.

Donghyuck nods and are awed by the pictures which show a glitch-like concept until, he reaches a certain member.

He stares it, unexplainably pulled towards it and reads the given member profile.

𝙽𝙰𝙼𝙴:[𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐑]
𝙳.𝙾.𝙱: [𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐑]
𝙸𝙳𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙸𝚃𝚈: C̶̫͚͗̀̆̂̋͠͝H̵̻̊͑̃͐Ê̶͔̻̫̘̐́̓̎͐͝͝Á̴̺͉̮̤̲͎͗̿T̷͇̜̥̠͛͊̎̈́͌̎̇́͆ ̷̠̘̎̅͊͆̃̋͐C̸̨̩̲̜̘̅͛͘Ō̶͍͇̬̋͒͌̉́̌̕Ḓ̷̡̱͈̖͚͔͐͑̐̌͒̐̇͝͝E̵͕̭̱͗̐̕͝

(in case, the words can't be read due to the font, this is what's written:
NAME: [ERROR]
D.O.B: [ERROR]
IDENTITY: CHEAT CODE

"Cheat Code..." Haechan mumbles and stares at the photo again but then, leaves the page and decides to rest.