chapter fifty-nine: settle in

Click! Click!

  "Good! Wonderful!"

  Click! Click!

  "Wow! You guys look so sweet!"

  Click! Click!

  "Perfect! Alright, we'll stop here for outfit change and a small break! Be back in 15!" The camera man says before leaving the set and going for a quick lunch.

  Donghyuck and Eunwol trudges into the makeup room and Wol instantly plops onto the couch in exhaustion.

  "I'm so tired," she breathes out heavily and lets herself tilt limply until her body crashes onto the soft cushions of the sofa.

  Her boyfriend approaches after telling the manager what they want for their short meal time and crashes onto her.

  Wol lets out a huff at the sudden weight and flails around like a fish out of water in her sandwiched state.
"Can't... breathe!"

  Hyuck cackles evilly before spooning her and shifting their spots so she'll rest on top.
"Were you like this when you had that CF shoot with that guy last time?"

  She can hear his emphasis on 'guy' and shakes her head at the jealousy.
"That guy has a name and it's Minjae. And, no, I wasn't like this during that shoot. It was wayyyy worse. Do you know how many times we had to re-shoot because the director was such a perfectionist?
  "Not to mention, Minjae kept laughing everytime we did the kiss scene. It wasn't even a real kiss scene! We just had to put our lips close enough and he made such a big deal out of it."

  Eunwol groans as she recalls the day. "I was so drained that day but still, he was nice to treat me to meat after."

  Haechan stares at her with a pout as she raps on and on about Minjae.
"Hey, don't you think you're talking too much about another guy when your boyfriend is right here?"

  She gives him a puzzled look. "But, you asked."

  "About you. Not him," he says before grumbling under his breath. "It sounds like you like him better than me."

  Eunwol chuckles and ruffles his hair. "Please, never. He helped me settle in when I first came to the company. He's my sunbae, after all."

  Haechan stares at the top of her head and processes her words.

  Settle in...

  "Wollie," he calls and the girl hums in response, tired.
"What do you think about settling in?"

  "What do you mean?" She asks and lifts her head to rest her chin on his chest.

  He gulps and his ears flush at the realization of his abrupt idea. "I mean like, I want to help you settle in too! Your house... It's not all that done, right? You'll need help with moving the furniture and bringing in your things- all that stuff."

  Eunwol buys it and lies her head back down. "Ohh, right. I've been busy these days so I've been putting it off, actually. But thanks to your offer, I think it'll all be done in a jiffy!
  "When are you free?"

  Donghyuck takes a while to remember his schedule. "I'll be available this weekend."

  "Same!" She chirps happily and they both sit up. "We'll meet up at my house, then. You can come whenever you want but, I'd prefer it early. I'll be staying there for the weekend, anyways."

  "That's great," he says and tucks her hair behind her ear. "I'll make sure to come as soon as possible. While for tonight... let's eat beef!"

  Wol gasps, elated at the thought of juicy, sizzling beef that'll melt on her tongue. "Let's go- Wait, this isn't because I told you Minjae brought me out that time too, is it?"

  He laughs nervously at her detective eyes and pinches her cheeks. "Of course, not! I always bring you out for food, don't I?"

  She stares suspiciously but the thought of sizzling, juicy beef that melts on her mouth makes her jump through the roof. "Then, let's go!"

  He clenches his fist, determined and his nose is held high. You see that, Minjae? I can do the same too! Maybe, even better!

  Their happy moment though, is cut short when their light meal comes and their managers tell them to eat quickly so they can proceed with the photoshoot.

  Thus, the long hours of muscle strain begins again.