twenty one: stupid question

"Hey, what did you wanna say again?" Eunwol asks Donghyuck on their facetime that night.

Again, Donghyuck is back at his own house with his family for the weekend for his short spring break.

Haechan lifts his covers up higher to his chest. "Nothing much."

Wollie stares at his expression and squints her eyes in suspicion. "Haechan..."

He lifts his gaze to her at her warning tone. "It was just a stupid question, I don't even know why I bother asking."

"Well, if it's so stupid, it wouldn't be so hard to tell," she points out and he purses his lips.

She pouts. "Pleaseeeeee~?"

Donghyuck gulps at her sparkly puppy eyes as her bottom lip stick out cutely and a love arrow strikes his heart.

Lee Donghyuck - 0
Oh Eunwol - 1

"I wanted to ask, you'll never leave me, right?" He finally, spills and she gawks.

"What kind of question is that?? Of course, I wouldn't leave you!"

"I told you it was stupid!" He exclaims. "But, I did enjoy that aegyo."

She gapes at his flirty wink and comment before collecting herself. "You should feel honoured. I don't usually do that for anyone."

"I'm honoured," he says formally and she giggles.

Time passes and they're still on call, both resting- enjoying each other's company despite, not having to talk.

Donghyuck is engrossed in his video game on his computer with his headphones on although, one ear is left uncovered incase, Wollie says something.

But her long silence urges for him to check on her.

And her unbothered, tranquil sleeping mien makes a smile to stretch on his face.

He screenshots once, twice, thrice before leaning back on his chair and just staring at her endearingly.

He brings his knees up to his chest, toes practically sticking out the ends of his gaming chair as he wraps his arms around his legs- chin resting on one knee.

His eyes never leave the bright screen where the girl's face glows and his heart beats slow and steady yet, with booming thumps.

Serenity and warmth fill him as his thoughts begin to wander.

"It was a stupid question... I know," he sighs and the girl stirs. He quickly mutes his mic but lets the call continue.

His gaze lingers on her again and he mutters,
"But, I'm scared."

The article of him and her resurfaces in his mind- causing him distress which he quickly shakes away.

He's not letting it get to him, nope. He's strong and so is Eunwol.

A tender smile forms. "Wollie-yah... I like you- no, it's above like. So, let's stay 'liking' each other for a long, longgggg time, okay?"

Her soft snores bring to him the realization of how late it is and he takes a moment to say his "goodnight" before ending the video call.