chapter forty-four: honesty

"Hot rookie idol group, CODE, has surpassed our weekly, top famous song with their debut track, 'Glitch' which was composed by popular composer Meraki who has recently reported to..."

"What's got you looking like you're questioning your life choices?" Johnny asks and joins the youngest of their 127 unit at the dining table.

Donghyuck looks up from his phone that's playing news about CODE and puts it away before letting out a long sigh.
"...Eunwol."

"Oh, Moon," Johnny says in recognition and Hyuck raises a brow.
"It's her stage name, Moon."

"I know, I'm just not used to it, yet."

Johnny nods and leans back on the chair- raking back his long, dark hair from shielding his eyes. "So? What's the tea? Did something happen on set?"

"No, not exactly but, I did feel... something," Hyuck starts and looks at his hyung with uncertainty. "It was during our clothes-fitting session andㅡ"

Johnny gasps exaggeratedly and eyes widen as he holds the younger's arm. "Were the clothes bold and daring? Did you feel... an awakening?"

Hyuck scowls in detest and smacks the older's arm away who in turn, laughs boisterously.
"Ew, hyung! No! That's weird! I meant, I felt something between happy and sad and- I just can't explain it!"

"Hmm, bittersweet, you mean?"

"Yeah, that!" Hyuck cries before sighing. "When I saw her and smiled at her, I was sincere, I was genuinely happy for her but, at the same time, this sadness kept clawing in me every time I look at her and I felt it the most when I held her wrist and told her that I miss her."

Johnny nods like a therapist- suddenly, wearing glasses.
"Now, I'm gonna ask you a question and you have to be honest, okay? Haechan, hey, listen to me, be honest."

"Okay...?" Haechan sounds at his dramatic speech.

"Was missing her all you wanted you tell her?"

Donghyuck's thought process freezes at the realization.

Oh, Doctor Johnny's good.

"...no," Hyuck replies quietly and Johnny slams the table- leaning his face in closer and now, looking like an investigator interrogating his suspect.

"That's why. You're feeling bittersweet because although, you're sincere, you're not fully honest and that bottling up of emotions is pestering you," the older claims.
"Look at us, for example. What are we doing now?"

The other stares at him and his pose with an arched brow. "A skit?"

"nO, Haechan. I'm being serious, right now. What we're doing now is being honest with each other- you telling me your feelings and what are we making? Progress."

Haechan listens and his knitted brows relax as he understands.
"You're right. We are."

"So, you should also, be truthful to Eunwol. Say what you wanna say and don't regret anything," John advices and a gentle, warm smile appears. "You know, this drama-filming isn't going to go on forever."

Just the thought of it clenches Haechan's heart and he nods. "Thanks, hyung."

"You're welcome."

The younger stands from his chair and proceeds to his room.

"You still need to pay for the counselling session, though!" Johnny shouts before laughing heartily.

He recalls the expression their unit's maknae wore after getting encouragement from him and his chest becomes lighter.

It's nice to finally, see Haechan expressing so much of his emotions again.