chapter forty-five: affection

Eunwol stares at Haechan with red, glistening eyes and her hands clench. "What?"

"It was your fault. You were the one who caused all this in the first place!" Haechan raises his voice, furious, with his striking gaze stabbing into hers frigidly.

The girl takes a weak step back. "I thought we were in this together. But, now you're putting all the blame on me. Were we nothing to you?"

Her dejected, cracking voice triggers him and his fingers fidget to hold her- wipe the tears off her cheek and just pull her into his chest to whisper sweet words of comfort into her ear.

But, there's no turning back now.

"I..." He utters and the girl scoffs although, lips trembling.

"Ah, I get it. Just because your fame's suddenly at the top, you don't wanna be seen with me? A nobody who's new and still mostly unknown despite, my name rising in popularity.
"It's just never enough for you, though, is it? You still want someone better, not me. Well, let me tell you something- I'll be doing the same. I'll choose someone better for me. Someone who actually, knows how to be there when I need them," she hisses with such contempt that the tears she cries no longer seem to be of sadness- but of pure wrath.

She swivels- long black hair whipping onto her shoulder and she strides away when she suddenly, pauses.

Again, she turns to face him and she harshly pulls of the beaded ring she wears on her sweet finger- their couple ring handmade by the boy.

"This, I don't need, anymore and neither do I want it," she snaps and tosses it onto the ground before stomping on it.

The scene shatters the other and as soon as she's walked away, he runs to it- picking each and every broken piece and tightly grips it in his palm as shaky sobs leave him.

"Annnnd, CUT!" The director exclaims and Haechan stands from kneeling on the ground as Eunwol jogs back to them.
"Spectacular! All that in a single take! You two must've been born to be celebrities!"

Eunwol giggles. "Thank you. I honestly, didn't think I could do it so quickly. You?"

She faces Haechan- lifting her chin up slightly to meet his eyes and she spots the thick wetness of his lower lashes.
"Wahh, how much did you cry? Your eyelashes are literally sparkling."

Naturally, Eunwol softly brushes the water away with her finger- completely oblivious to the stares she's getting and the effect it might have due to her care for him.

And Donghyuck, simply awestruck and in love with her, doesn't move a single muscle just to enjoy the moment longer.

"There, all bettㅡ"

Eunwol notices and looks around- noticing how the staff and cast are staring at them.

She clears her throat and presents a box smile. "I get it, I get it, I'm so sweet, right?"

Her cocky comment and wiggle of her brows make others chuckle endearingly- unable to deny her lovely, easygoing personality.

And so, they all start getting busy again to shoot the next scene.