chapter eight: we should be lovers instead

Eunwol swipes to another video and nudges Donghyuck who's lying beside her. "Hey, hey, look at this one. This creator does the best videos."

Donghyuck, who was playing games beside her on the bed as she sits, rises to watch the TikTok edit of him and his brows raise at the professional quality of it. "They made this?"

"Mhm."

"Wow, that's cool," he gasps with his eyes stuck on the screen.

She continues scrolling when it reaches a video with the song Jenny by Studio Killers. "I like this song," she tells.

He bobs his head to it. "It's nice."

A skittish grin stretches on her face and she looks at him. "Wanna see me do a performance?"

His brows raise and his lips curve upwards. "Go ahead."

Eunwol jumps off the bed and places her phone on the hotel's dressing table that's just in front of her queen bed.

Unlike most staff, she has a private room because they were odd numbered and considering she's the newest, they gave it to her in case, she wasn't comfy enough to stay with others.

Thus, Donghyuck likes spending time here whenever he gets the chance despite, it being risky. But the small distance between their rooms make it easier.

Jenny starts to blast from her phone and Donghyuck sits cross-legged to watch.

She grabs her hairbrush and points at Haechan. "Donghyuck, darling, you're my best friend..."

His smile tips into a content smirk at the nickname. "Darling, huh?"

Eunwol laughs it off. "But there's a few things that you don't know off..."

"What?" He responds to the verses, vibing as he laughs at her drunken dancing.

"Why I borrow your lipstick so often..." She continues and puckers her lips, making him laugh out loud.
"I'm using your shirt as a pillowcase..."

"Yah, that's scary!" He shudders- giving reactions when she suddenly, offers her hand.

Donghyuck gladly accepts and now they're boogying together while it approaches the climax.

All the adrenaline drives her and confidence rages in her like a storm.

Donghyuck's breaths hitch when she abruptly, grasps his collar and pulls him close.

"I wanna ruin our friendship~" she sings with an unwavering stare, intimidating him as his heart begins to race and butterflies furiously flap.

"We should be lovers instead~"

His breath hitches at her words. Lovers?

He reads her eyes that daringly glint with fervour and a hint of cunningness.

And at that moment, he wants to win. He thirsts for victory over this girl that's obviously teasing him.

A corner of his lips tug up into a coquettish smirk and his hands clasp her waist.

Eunwol's eyes widen for a brief, surprised but conceals it for her performance. "I don't know how to say this..."

"Say what?" He asks lowly- deep reverberating voice that contrasts significantly with his usual tone practically tickling her spine.

Her steps begin to waver and he scoffs in satisfaction at how much he's able to affect her.

"But you're really my dearest friend," she ends and now only the original song plays- acting as their background music.

Donghyuck raises her chin, chuckling as he stares right down into her eyes. "But, I thought you said we should be lovers."

She gulps as his raspy tone tingles her and causes a battlefield in her insides.

"What theㅡ It was just a song!" She exclaims with an airy, half-hearted laugh before she pushes him away to shut the track.

He stays frozen, hand still raised to where her face was and he clenches it in disappointment and subtle frustration of having to let her go.

"Ah, so boring~" he whines. "And it was just getting fun."

She shakes her head and picks up his jacket from the chair. "Here. You should go back before anyone notices you've been gone too long."

"Johnny hyung is still out with Jaehyun, Yuta and Taeil hyung. He won't know," Donghyuck insists but Wollie continues to push him to the door.

"Then, go rest, for goodness' sake! You have performances tomorrow!" She scolds and manages to get him out the door.

"Can't I rest here?" He pouts and the girl sighs at how adorable he is but she ain't gonna falter.

She pulls up his black mask to his nose before pulling down his cap to cover his eyes- hiding his identity. "N-O. No. Goodnight and sweet dreams~"

Eunwol starts shutting the door and he sighs.

"Goodnight," he says. "Dream of me~"

"No."

She shuts the door.

"YAㅡ"

Hyuck stops and chuckles to himself at her ridiculousness.

Oh, such sweet moments.