chapter forty-seven: mutual

Another day of filming, another day of waking up terribly early in the morning, another day of not having enough sleep but also, another day of meeting their significant other for Haechan and Eunwol.

The latter walks around the school and enters a random classroom, away from the many people downstairs to get some rest.

Unknown to her, Haechan has also been roaming around due to his manager's persistency of telling him to 'walk off the sleepiness.'

He arrives at the classroom she's in and enters quietly upon seeing her sitting at one of the desks with the hood of her hoodie pulled up as she lies her head on her arms.

Donghyuck grins affectionately and takes the seat beside her- propping his head up with his arm and suddenly, recognizes the oversized outfit she wears.

The hoodie... is his. Was his, apparently, since she said she'll be keeping his hoodies in her last voice message.

"I know, I'm gorgeous. You don't have to stare," Eunwol remarks sassily and lifts her closed lids.

A corner of Hyuck's lips lifts up cheekily. "You've become so much cockier since turning into an idol."

"Thank you for noticing," she retorts and playfully rolls her eyes.

"Barefaced and my hoodie," he observes and she quickly remembers- yanking on the ropes of the hood so it will cover up her face.

But Haechan is quicker to stop and he pulls the hood open and pushes it off of her head.
"I meant to say, they're a perfect mix. You're beautiful, always."

His hands cup her cheeks and their gazes bore each other's, peaceful, and engrossed in the sweet atmosphere, until he breaks it by squishing her face.

"Ow!" She cries out and swats his arms away.
"My bones!!"

He cackles. Her annoyance, his joy.

"You dareㅡ" she glares sharply and does the same cheek squashing action- earning a yelp from him.

She hastily stands before he can get his retaliation.

"Come here!"

His shout echoes throughout the classroom and he pounces on her with the cost of his back slamming against the wall.

A loud, pained grunt emits and she gasps at the intensity of his voice- rubbing his back in worry. "You didn't sprain anything, did you? Oh no, what if there's a bruise!"

Her panic is clear but it's diminished when he abruptly brings her close with lips only a finger's length apart.

"I have to say, there are pros at being dramatic," he whispers and his finger slowly strokes her jaw while his arm that wraps around his waist, pulls her nearer.

Their heartbeats, crazy, their minds in a frenzy and their figures, unlike poles of magnets.

"Wollie, I..." He starts and is silenced by the girl pressing herself against him and their lips meet.

They melt into one another- her arms hooking around his neck and his hold on her getting tighter as their breaths turn quick and heavy.

It's like they've forgotten their surroundings and their focuses are only set on each other.

"Donghyuck," she mutters when they pull away as their positions flip and now her back's against the wall with his hands on each side of her.

He shifts his eyes from her wet lips to her gaze.
"Hm?"

The deep, low tone coming from him makes her gulp.
"We have a drama to shoot."

The glint in his eyes flicker and his shoulders slump. "Dang it."

She laughs at his pout and drags him out. "You should bring along that dramatic-ness of yours on set."

Haechan shoots her a sulky frown and she shrugs, feigning ignorance.