thirty-one: saved yet, hurt

Over a week after.

"Eunwol! Don't forget to return the makeup equipment to the car!" The said girl's senior reminds as she exits.

"Noted!" Wollie yells in response and pulls out her phone.

moon🌙:
haechan-ah, where are you?

fullsun☀️:
I'm already outside
Interacting with fans

Eunwol reads his reply and can't help but feel faint disappointment imbuing in her heart.

But, it's not like she has a say in it.

They've only been in a relationship for a little more than a week and things have been smooth-sailing.

They hang out quite a few times although, it's always at each other's houses since they have to be private.

She has no complaints about that at all but usually, he sleeps during these dates since he's tired with all the schedules.

And she again, never says anything about it as she prioritizes his rest and health but at times, it does suffocates her.

She has her own share of excruciating days from having to run around here and there- hours of standing to fix makeup, carrying heavy equipments, buying meals and drinks for the seniors, getting misplaced criticism and constantly bad-mouthed at just because she's young.

But, she has nowhere to pour the stress, no one to talk to.

Eunwol shakes her negative thoughts away and stuffs her phone in her bag.

Having no one around to help, she hauls the heavy makeup box from the table and trudges out the door to the parking lot where the members and other staff are.

But what she doesn't expect is to get showered with water bottles, leftover sandwiches and raw eggs.

"THAT'S HER! THAT'S THE 'MYSTERY STAFF!'"

"GET HER!"

Eunwol's eyes widen and she lets out faint yelps from the sudden attack as she backs away.

But everywhere she goes, she's viciously bombarded with their chosen weapons- some being more painful than others.

"AH!" A mini portable fan strikes her back and she falls- dropping the box of makeup and it spills its expensive content after breaking.

At that point, her mind is only focused on it- frantically trying to save the pallettes, tints and etcetera. To pay for all this... it's gonna dry up her whole account.

She has already got so much to pay for- her house rent and her family expenses who lives at the country along with her siblings' school fees.

Her hair is sticky from all the yolk, clothes all dirty and wet from the leftover food and water but she's too shocked, frozen in her kneeled state.

A miracle occurs when it all suddenly, stops and the confusing silence brings her to lift her head to see the figure that stands in front of her with their arms outstretched defensively.

His body stands tall and shadows the blinding sun away from her face.

He turns and his lips part to ask, "Are you okay?"

She stares at Doyoung, speechless. No, she's not okay. She's obviously, not okay. And he knows that. That's why he came to save her.

But he doesn't know that what breaks her more is the fact that he's the one who's here.

Where is Donghyuck? Where is he when she needs her? Why is someone else acting as her knight in shining armour?

Others begin to rush over to help and the makeup team pick up the scattered equipment from the dirty floor caused by the angry, unreasonable fans.

Doyoung helps her up but then, is aided by the security team who drags her away while the idols are hastily brought to protection.

Her cold, blank gaze casts on the ground as she's pulled here and there without her even knowing her destination.

But it's the least of her worries as her figure turns limp in hopelessness and her feelings have gone numb.