chapter fourteen: stalker

[fullsun☀️]:
Are you nearby?

[moon🌙]:
yupp
just wait a bit

Donghyuck stands around the empty park, looking here and there with his black mask and low cap on- hiding his identity.

"Boo!" A muffled voice exclaims as a shorter figure jumps on him from behind.

A smile instantly stretches on the idol's face at the recognition of who it is. "Yah, you think I'd get scared by a Thumbelina like you?"

"Hey!" She smacks him and he chuckles as he turns. "And no, I didn't think that. I just wanted to make a surprising entrance. So did I?"

"What?" He asks and she stares at him anticipatingly with those round, curious eyes of her that shine brilliantly even from under the dark shadow of her cap.

"Surprise you."

He reminisces the memory and grins. "Honestly, you did."

"Yay! Anyways, so where are we going?" She swivels and starts strolling away- changing into a new topic within a blink.

She always manages to do that. Talk about one thing then, suddenly change to another like she's easily distracted.

Haechan always finds it adorable in a way because he knows that's her method of ensuring that the conversation keeps flowing to avoid awkward tension.

But he knows deep down that she's damn awkward and he likes it that way.

"Did you eat, yet?" He asks.

She shakes her head. "Nope."

"Then, let's eat. There's this really good restaurant I wanna bring you too," he tells and they head on.

Unbeknownst to them, a figure has been keeping a close eye on them and is waiting for the perfect opportunity to snap a pic- one where their faces are seen.

Donghyuck steals constant glances at her- wanting to say something but hesitating until she finally, faces him.

"Why'd you keep looking?" She asks directly and for a moment there, his heart leaps in panic but he puts on a grin and offers his hand.

"We should hold hands!" He suggests, hopeful. "It won't be called a date if we don't."

She blinks twice rapidly and knits her brows. "Date- You said this was a hangout!"

He lets out a 'pfft.'

"Date, hangout, whatever it is, I still want to hold your hand," he pouts and shifts his gaze from his bare palm to her who's still bewildered.

Then, he finally starts getting all whiny and vigorously flaps his hand. "HaAANnNDD~"

She rests hers on top of his and he shuts up almost, instantly to properly hold it. A proud and content smile surfaces when he realizes how perfectly they are- hers being the smaller one that fits into his bigger one like a puzzle piece.

"LET'S GO!!!" He shouts and yanks her to the front with him and she squeaks.

Her reaction makes him burst into laughter and she smacks his arm.

"Ah!" he yelps and clutches the spot she hit- bringing concern to her.

She gasps and tries to soothe by gently caressing it. "I'm so sorry! Did it hurt? I didn't think I even hit you that-"

He cut her off by sticking his tongue out and escaping the scene. "HAHAHHAAAHAH, YOU FOOL!"

Eunwol gapes, still frozen in spot before she finally, processes and chases after. Thus, the game of cat and mouse, or cat and dog, begin again- for the infinite time, probably, when it comes to this pair.

"I'M NOT JOINING~" she yells, threatening playfully but, it's powerful enough to make him step on his brakes.

He turns and sees her heading the opposite away and he promptly sprints over. "OKAY! oKAY! I'M SORRY! dOn'T LEAvE mE!"

She giggles and beams- displaying her bunny teeth as her cheeks glow and Donghyuck swears, he feels his heart combust at the precious sight of her.