chapter forty-six: déjà vu

"We gotta wait for the skies to darken just a bit more so you guys can take the time to rest and rehearse for a while, 'kay?" The cameraman tells the only casts left, the leads, and they nod.

The staff pulls his head out of the room- leaving Donghyuck and Eunwol alone since their workers are out for break, as well.

"You are a glitch in my system,
You're messing up my codes,
you're turning them to 143ㅡ"

"My gears in crazy rythm."

Eunwol whips her head to Hyuck after getting her singing continued by him.

He grins. "I like your song. No wonder, it's in the Top 10 charts."

A wide, radiating smile places on her face at his compliment that means more special than when others give the same.
"Thanks! I'm actually, friends with the composer and sheㅡ Ah, shoot!"

Worry fills the other at her sudden cry. "Why? What is it?"

"The eyeliner isn't dry, yet?? It was put on 10 minutes ago!" She groans in dismay at the smudged liquid liner.
"This brand has never been my favourite."

She searches the brown liner her makeup artist used and struggles to put it on despite, being a professional.

"Dang it! These fake acrylics are really starting to bug me," she sighs and leans her head back in frustration. "I didn't even want them on..."

She mutters angrily under her breath and Haechan chuckles- approaching and taking the eyeliner from her hand.

"I'm not that good at it but, I know the basics. I can fix it for you, if you want," he offers and Eunwol ponders before nodding.

Besides, it's a good excuse to be close with him.

She sits down and Hyuck wipes off the eyeshadow that was ruined by the smeared brown liquid along with the others that needed fixing.

"Oho~ your pose looks like that of a professional," she comments at his bend and light movements.

He scoffs with a playful smirk. "Of course, I learned from the best."

You, he says in his head and she knows who he's referring to.

Silence overtakes as his focus intensifies.

"What's the theme, anyways?" Eunwol asks in wonder due to the simple makeup look they have.

"I'm not sure but, it has the girl-next-door or the cute girlfriend kind of vibes," he answers.

Eunwol hums in amusement- brows raising in interest and eyes upturning in mischief. "Are you going to make me look like your ideal girlfriend, then?"

"Yah, are you crazy? Why would I do that?" He scoffs out and Eunwol's shoulders drop subtly in disappointment.

"You already look like her," he then, adds which causes their brains to click.

Deja vu.

Eunwol smiles shyly and her eyes fall to her palms which her 'makeup artist' notices as he gently blows to dry the wet liner.

And that bashful look of hers lifts up his confidence that he once lost and he stands straight.
"All done."

"Really?" She queries. "Are you sure the liner's dry?"

He shrugs and a sly grin stretches as he crosses his arms. "Should I check?"

Eunwol nods, worried she might ruin it again and he, once again, bends down to blow on the brown eyeliner but then, surprises her with a peck.

She gasps and turns to him with rounded eyes to which he laughs at and they realize how near their faces are.

Their hearts thrum vigorously, loud and screaming for their owners to just lean in.

Donghyuck hesitates, not wanting to go over the line because, after all, she didn't reciprocate his smoochㅡ

His heart pops when her lips touch his cheek and hand cups his face.

She pulls away wearing a soft, loving smile and she observes his eyes that stare at her dotingly, lovestruck.
"You know, you look like my ideal boyfriend too."