chapter twelve: one wish

Things go by normally after the so-called 'scandalous' issue. Eunwol didn't get interrogated or warned by her superiors that much either because they know how Donghyuck is and how she is.

They know he can be quite the jokester and king of mischief sometimes, and they know she can be hyper, naive and delighted at everything.

But they also know that these two are not stupid. They will be serious when they need to be and they know their borders.

"Did you see the new articles they made?" Donghyuck asks as Eunwol draws on his brows.

She shakes away the excess powder. "Which one?"

"People are trying to figure out who this 'mystery staff' is and have been posting pictures of random people," he tells and Wollie gasps.

"Really?? They still haven't let go of it? It's been about what, almost a week," she remarks and Hyuck shrugs.

His makeup session finishes and he leaves to go change.

Brushes tap against one another as Eunwol tidies them up when someone suddenly, approaches her.

"Hi, Eunwol!" Jungwoo greets with a cheerful grin and she reciprocates, equally enthusiastic.

"Hello, Jungwoo-ssi!"

He pouts right away. "What's with the formality? We've already known each other for a long time now."

"You're still older than me so I can't just talk leisurely," she chuckles. "Don't worry, it doesn't mean that we're not close."

The idol purses his lips and blinks his round, doll-like eyes at her. "Can't you use 'oppa,' then? Using 'mister' makes me feel a lot older and it's like we're distant."

Wollie ponders before letting out an awkward, unsure airy laugh. "Well... oppa is the correct term but, how about hyungㅡ"

"Oppa," Jungwoo insists and stares directly at her- stubborn. "O-P-P-A. oPpA."

"Okay, fine!" She caves in and exaggeratedly inhales to prepare for her 'oppa mission' but is delayed by a jogging Donghyuck.

"Wollie-ya~" the lad calls and steps on his brakes when he sees his hyung.

Hyuck shifts his gaze between the two. "Sooo, what were you guys talking about?"

"Nothing much. Jungwoo oppa and Iㅡ"

"Oppa?" Donghyuck blurts in shock and his eyes widen. "You call him by oppa?"

Jungwoo squeals and pats her head. "That's right! Now we sound a lot closer!"

"I still find it a bit cheesy," Eunwol admits and shudders but giggles as he continues to fix her bangs he messed up.

Donghyuck feels a hot, bubbling sensation in his chest and he frowns before clinging onto Wollie's arm and snatching her.
"Wollie-yahhhhh, I want to be called oppa too!!"

She cringes and tries to shake him off. "We're almost the same age!"

"No! I'm older!"

"I rEfUse," she argues and slips away- fleeing and getting chased instantly.

Jungwoo chuckles as he watches the battle of cat and mouse and walks away.

"Get back here!" Hyuck roars and the other few resting staff and idols just watch them being the usual playful duo they are, acknowledging it as a normal routine already.
"If I catch you, you better listen to me!"

Eunwol hops over a box. "Neveㅡ"

"NCT 127 will be on stage in five! Please get ready!" The manager reports and she abruptly stops in her tracks while Hyuck trips over the box and crashes on the floor.

Wol gasps and sprints to him. "Are you okay? Does it hurt a lot?"

Haechan groans as he sits up and hisses when he touches his knee, getting her all worried.
"I-I caㅡ"

She holds his arm, genuinely concerned. "What is it? You can't stand?"

He grabs her hands that are wrapped around his limb and he smirks, suddenly fine. "I caught you~"

Her expression turns deadpanned- pulling away and leaving. "And here you got me worried for nothing!"

Haechan snickers and stands up. "Now, you have to listen to what I want, right? That was the deal."

"I never agreeㅡ"

"Oh no! I'm late! I have to go for performance! Byeeee!" He waves vigorously and escapes the scene to leave her with no choice.

A scoff leaves her but she has to admit, his sneaky, bratty demeanor has grown on her.