What Is Going On

Clary and Isabelle were walking around after they picked up Clary's and Isabelle's dresses for the wedding when Clary's phone buzzed.

Reaching into her pocket, she grabbed the phone and unlocked the screen showing she had a text from her mother.

Come to the Institute now.

Clary scrunched her brow, "What's wrong?" asked Isabelle.

"My mom wants me at the institute. Now." She shook her head, "I just don't know why."

Seconds later Isabelle's phone beeped, "My mom said the same." She looked up at her Parabatai, "something must have happened."

They started running to the Institute, elbowing people on the sidewalks. Having to stop and breathe, they were still miles away. Clary righted herself, "Why are we running?"

Isabelle gave her a dumbfound look, "Because we have to get to the Institute."

Clary grabbed her arm, pulling her to the closest ally. Smirking, she reached into her right boot, "Why run when we can just portal?"

Isabelle smiled, "You're brilliant. Why didn't we think of that four miles ago?"

Clary chuckled and looked around to make sure no one was watching before putting her stele to the brick walls and began to draw.

Simon was sitting on the couch. Robert, Maryse, Luke and Jocelyn were all standing in a huddle by the desk in the library as they waited for the girls and Jace to show.

Magnus was pacing back and forth as Alec looked worryingly at his boyfriend. "Magnus, pacing like that isn't going to help."

"It keeps me moving and that is what I need right now."

Seconds later Jem came into the room looking frantic, "Are they here yet?"

"No, not yet, but-"His sentence was cut short when a bright swipe of red curls fluttered into the room along with whipping black hair.

The girls were breathless, Clary fell to the ground and Isabelle hunched over her, putting her hand to the smaller girls face. "Are you okay?" she asked worryingly.

"I'm fine." Clary looked up at Isabelle, "But we have to get something on that wound."

"Clary you can't even walk, I will be fine." Isabelle insisted.

"If we don't fix you, you won't be able to walk again!" Clary yelled and grunted in pain.

Jace walked into the room, until he saw Clary on the floor, and jetted over to her. "What happened?" Examining her he saw something protruding from her shirt. Reaching a hand out, she pushed him away.

"Don't worry about me, fix Isabelle!" Clary yelled and tried to stand up before gasping in pain.

"Clary-"Jace tried to talk.

"Fix Isabelle! NOW!" she yelled at her fiancée. Jace stared at her with shock and some fear. But before he could speak, they heard a thud and Isabelle fell to the ground.

"Isabelle!" Clary yelled and crawled her way over to her. Isabelle was out cold. Clary grabbed the girl's shirt and pulled it up slowly, revealing a deep gash in her abdomen and spreading over her stomach. Clary reached into Isabelle's shoe and pulled out her stele. Trying to keep her hopes high, she put the stele to Isabelle's skin, using as much energy as she could muster up.

Clary's skin was turning a pale color before she was even halfway finished with the rune. By the time she was finished, her lips were turning purple, her eyes grew darker, and her finger were quivering; the rune still hadn't worked. Her hands were shaking and in seconds she was falling the rest of the way down on Isabelle, her eyes shutting.