Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Leaving Taki's Clary grabbed Isabelle's arm, "We are going to go Christmas shopping, and we will see you all later at the Institute."

"Clary," Jace whined. "You don't have to go Christmas shopping now." He walked over to her and put his arms around her waist, "You can go later." He leaned down and pressed a kiss to her lips making Clary smile.

"I could, yes." Jace's smile widened then dropped. "But we're going now. So suck it up."

Jace pouted and hugged her again, "Fine. But I expect you back before seven."

"Yes, daddy," Clary scoffed as she grabbed Isabelle's arm again ready to walk off when Jace's words stopped her.

"Hey, you should call me that more often," you could hear the smirk in his voice.

But instead of just Clary turning to yell at him, it was both Clary and Isabelle who turned quickly. "Jace! Stop being a pervert!" Everyone else stood in shock at Jace's words before they began laughing and Isabelle pulled Clary away and to the mall.

***Christmas Day

Jace was watching Clary's small figure breathe away every care in the world as she laid peacefully in her sleep. He twirled a loose strand of her long red curls around his finger, staring at her relaxed face when she started flinching and wincing.

"Clary," Jace asked coming into focus. He ran his finger lightly over the soft skin of her arm trying to soothe her. Is she having a nightmare? "Clary."

After another moment of staring at her with worry, her eyes snapped open and she got up quickly and ran to the bathroom with Jace right behind her. When his foot hit the bathroom floor, he immediately found Clary with her head in the toilet throwing up her stomach contents. Jace quickly went behind her and pulled her hair from her face and started rubbing her back.

Finishing her vomiting, Clary leaned back into Jace's open arms and let him hold her tightly. "So gross," Clary coughed. "Pizza is so bad, but it's so good." She felt her back shaking with Jace's laughter. "And Pepsi isn't such a good idea either. I think I'll stick to hot tea."

"That might be a good idea," Jace mused as he ran his fingers through her curls.

Clary giggled, "What time is it?"

"4:30."

Clary groaned, "If we take a shower now, and I brush my teeth now, can we go back to sleep and wake up until Isabelle gets mad and comes to get us." She felt her back shake again but more so this time around.

"I think we can do that."

"Yay," Clary said standing up with a grunt. "I'm not even gaining weight from the baby, it's all food."

"Well," Jace smiled at her. "That's okay. Magnus said that the baby isn't that big yet, but it's good for you to gain some weight before the baby gets too big that means that they will be healthier." His arms wrapped around her and making sure to put his hands on her small baby bump. "Besides, you're only about two months in. We have time." Jace kissed the top of her head and let her go to start their shower.

Clary rolled over into Jace's chest trying to drown out the pounding on the door. "Guys, get up! It's eight o'clock! Quite having sex for five minutes and come out here!" Isabelle waited a moment before pounding on the door again. "You have three seconds to respond before I walk in there! Three. Two. One. Incoming!" Isabelle opened the door and was greeted by Clary nuzzling her face into Jace's chest again and he was chuckling.