Messages unknown

Clary and Isabelle were sitting across from each other having a staring contest Simon thought. They had huge smiles on their faces and they were not blinking. Jocelyn, Luke, Maryse, and Robert had decided that they should have a dinner celebration for Clary and Isabelle.

"Okay----"Robert was cut off by Isabelle.

"We are having a staring war right now. It is important not to make a sound or we will lose concentration."

"And then we will be very angry, because it has already been two minutes and we agreed that if anyone screws us up," Clary was saying.

"You'll be sorry," Isabelle and Clary said in unison.

"Okay then," Robert whispered.

"Shhhhh," Isabelle shushed her father.

Clary and Isabelle were staring intently at each other when Luke came in yelling.

"Cong----"Luke was interrupted by the group.

"Don't make a sound unless you wish to lose your life, Clary and Isabelle are having a war. A staring war," Jace whispered.

"Well Jocelyn is coming in with the cake," Luke was saying when he was interrupted once again.

"CAKE!!!!!" Isabelle and Clary yelled running for the doors.

They stopped dead in their tracks and started yelling.

"OWWW! IT BURNS!" They started screaming, "MY EYES ARE BURNING!"

When they stopped, they busted out laughing. They were clutching their stomachs, almost falling over, they were red in the face as they were talking through the laughter, "No one wins we both gave in."

"I can't believe we gave into this war because of cake!" Clary was laughing so hard that she fell into Isabelle causing them both to fall to the ground.

"Okay, I got the---"Jocelyn broke off as she saw Isabelle and Clary on the floor in a laughing fit. She looked up and everyone else started laughing along with the girls.

Everyone ate their cake and laughed when they took the time to go down memory lane with the girls. Telling stories about Isabelle or Clary, or Isabelle and Clary.

Clary was heading into the kitchen to put her plate in the sink, she wasn't out of the room yet when she felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her waist. Clary smiled to herself, and stopped walking. When everyone inhaled a deep breath, she knew who had a grip on her.

She turned and looked her brother in the face. "What do you want?"

"I want what I have always wanted, Clary. I want my little sister, but I know you aren't use to the idea yet, so am I not allowed to say congratulations to my baby sister for finding her Parabatai?" Sebastian had a cold grin on his face as he stared down at Clary.

"Your, you, there is always a catch, I already know that. And you're going to answer me unless you want your ass kicked a second," Clary answered grabbing his wrist and twisting, snapping it, "time."

Sebastian grunted, "You are so cute when your angry little sister. I really wish you hadn't done that. I was considering letting the last incident slide, but now, you earned yourself a little more..."Sebastian leaned down and whispered into Clary's ear leaving her heart racing and her eyes wide, when he disappeared. Clary looked to the ground, her knees started to buckle underneath her, and she saw the floor approaching her.

Jace ran to Clary as she started falling, her eyes wide, she wasn't unconscious, yet. Jace grabbed her before she hit the floor. He started stroking her hair he picked her up in his arms, she was paralyzed. What did he say to her? He asked himself. Isabelle ran over to Clary and looked into her eyes and sucked in air. She is worried for her Parabatai, Jace said in his head.

Jace carried Clary over to the table and sat down in a chair, pulling her into his lap. "What did he say, Clary? What happened? Clary? Please, say something Clary. Are you okay?"

Clary could hear Jace asking her what happened, to please say something, asking if she was okay. She heard him, she wanted to answer, but no matter how much her brain told her to talk, her mouth wouldn't obey. His words echoed in her head, she could talk. She could feel everyone's gaze on her, Isabelle moved close to Clary and grabbed her hand, she asked Clary the question she was dreading the answer too.

"Did he? Did he say what I think he did? About, you know?" Isabelle asked with a deep concern in her voice, she was afraid of the answer. She saw Clary faintly nod her head, and stare into space.

Isabelle could taste the tears she was holding back, she blinked and she felt the tears run down her cheeks, as she grabbed Clary from Jace's arms. She held onto Clary for dear life, she was trying to calm her, when it was Isabelle herself who needed to calm down.

Clary's eyes came into focus and stared straight ahead, shaking her head.

Simon was staring at Isabelle and Clary, he heard what was said, and he wanted to go to Clary and grab her, hold her like Isabelle was, but he knew if he did, everyone would know heard. Then he would be bombed with questions, and if he answered, he might just die inside. He looked hard at Clary, when he noticed she was shaking her head at someone. At him. She was telling him not to tell. He slightly nodded and looked her in the eyes. He felt his world crumble, his best friend was scared so bad she was paralyzed, his girlfriend was trying to comfort herself by telling everyone she was comforting her Parabatai and his best friends boyfriend caught what she was shaking her head at, and looked at Simon with questioning eyes, then dawning realization. Oh, great. Now he knows I know. He thought to himself.

Jace looked at Simon, he knew. He heard what Sebastian said to Clary, and he was going to find out one way or another, even though he dreaded the answer, he already had a clue of what it was, and it killed him more than anything.

Two hours passed and Clary was in the same position; huddled into Isabelle's arms. Isabelle wouldn't let her go, she held tightly onto her as if she would evaporate into thin air if she let go. Clary's was blinking with a slow pace.

Clary let her eyes fall shut. She felt strong arms pick her up, her head fell against a strong yet comforting chest. She felt kisses planted on her forehead. My mom and Luke. Clary thought. She felt the strong arms holding her tighten, then she heard a creak and felt something soft underneath her. She opened her eyes to see Jace closing the door to his room.

Jace turned around and saw Clary staring at him. He knew she wasn't asleep, he knows how her breathing is when she sleeps; relaxed, soft breaths. If she is having a nightmare, her breathing quickens and she thrashes in her sleep. He knew she wasn't asleep, not yet, but he didn't expect her to open her eyes. She had tears welling in her eyes when she stared at him. Jace felt his pride shrink, he should be able to protect her, he didn't want to see her cry. Ever.

Jace walked over to Clary as she blinked her tears rolled down her face. Jace grabbed her and cuddled her into himself. Clary buried her face into his chest and fell asleep, just like that.