The misunderstanding

Clary and Isabelle were sitting down eating at Taki's, Isabelle and her whip, Clary and her sword, they sat together in complete and utter happiness. With Sebastian out there Clary carried her sword more than she usually did. She could be going to mall with Simon, to the gas station for some doughnuts and coffee in the mornings with Luke, to the grocery store with her mom, or out to eat like now, always carrying her sword around for protection. She knew how to use it, she could glamour it, and it made her feel safe. Since she and Jace can hardly touch and Jocelyn won't let her stay with Jace, she hasn't been able to feel safe. Maybe that was one reason for the constant nightmares. Now that Isabelle and her were becoming Parabatai Jocelyn would let Clary stay over there, plus she knows about the nightmare being a constant thing.

Clary has learned to control the screaming in the middle of the night most of the time, it's only when the dreams show her terrible things happening does she wake up screaming and paralyzed. It is like when the angel Ithuriel is showing her the dreams of things happening, but this is like a cruel version of Harry Potter seeing what no-nose-Voldemort; as Simon calls him, is doing. It feels like it is really happening and she can stop it some way.

"Clary? Hello, did you hear anything I just said?" Isabelle asked her.

"I'm sorry what, I missed that."

"I know, what were you thinking about?" Isabelle asked concerned.

"I was thinking about how I keep seeing those creepy visions and how they feel so real, but they don't stop. It feels like someone is making me see them like the angel Ithuriel does with me. Normally they aren't this cruel though. Something is wrong, I can just feel it."

"I know, I feel the same way, I feel like I am constantly being watched." Isabelle said.

Our plates came to us. Since it is passed eleven o'clock they got lunch foods. Clary got a cheeseburger with bacon, fries and a pink lemonade. Isabelle got a salad, chicken wrap and fries and a cherry lemonade. The faerie Kaelie was our server, of course. She saw Clary and then walked right off.

"She still hates you." Isabelle said.

"It's because she knows I am still with Jace and it kills her to know that he cares more about me than he ever did her." Clary said proudly.

"It's not only that but the fact that it is the longest relationship he has ever had. First REAL relationship anyway. And she knows that he loves you and you love him, that take one away and the other will raise hell. She has always wanted Jace, but you got him." Isabelle said matter-of-factly.

"I caught his heart, and he caught mine." Clary said with a crooked smile on her face.

Clary and Isabelle sat there eating, while they talked about when they are going to do the Parabatai ceremony, they giggled in excitement. Isabelle could already see an improvement in Clary. When Clary looked down at her plate she realized she had nothing on there anymore, she looked beyond shocked. Isabelle only looked as if she just accomplished punching a whole through a concrete wall.

"There, how do you feel now?" Isabelle asked in curiosity.

"I feel amazing Izzy. Thank you for being the one for me to talk to, laugh with, to make me eat. Thank you for being the sister I grew up never knowing." Tears were welling up in Isabelle's eyes and was whipping them away when Kaelie came back over with the bill. She looked at Isabelle and then at Clary, repeating the process until Clary finally said something.

"You can put the check down and leave or if you have something to say, just say it."

Clary had to admit the food she just ate was really making her feel better, she finally felt like she could breathe, she felt strong, and she felt an angry calm. Isabelle was just looking at Clary with the most surprised look in the world, like she just saw a ghost. She saw a ghost alright, the sick Clary, this one was all temper and power, just the reason Isabelle always loved Clary for.