We Are Screwed

Clary leaned against Jace who was tense and still shirtless, "We are screwed."

Jace put his hands on her waist and pulled her close, not to protect only her either. She wrapped her arms around him behind her, pulling him closer.

Just when Jocelyn opened her mouth two more people came through the doorway saving them temporarily. One was a boy that looked no older than eighteen. He had brown hair, his eyes were brown hinted with a silver, his cheeks were scarred with old symbols; runes. He was wearing black jeans with a button down dark blue shirt. The other person was a girl who looked around the same age. Her hair was a curly spiraling down in chocolate brown rivulets. Her eyes were absolutely striking with the stormy gray. She was wearing blue jeans with the wearing fabric in spots and a lavender colored blouse with a white tank-top underneath. She also had on three inch tan heeled boots that went to her knee. They took in the scene around them.

The woman rested her gaze on Jace and Clary. Her eyebrows creased and pinched together. She looked down at Clary's hands and saw the hints of dried blood on under her fingernails. Her eyes widened and gave them a smirk. "I am going to talk to the two of them." After getting a weary look from Jocelyn she quickly added on. "See if she can remember a few key things, and I am taking Jace because we know he won't leave her side, and the fact that he probably has a few things Clary needs to know that we don't know. It would be better for her memory with him there." She turned to the man, "Come with us?"

The man gave her a steadied look. "Of course."

The gray eyed woman moved to the couple and turned them around, blocking the sight of Jace's back from the parents and pushed them through the doorway, leading them to Clary's room.

When they were in the room and the door was shut, Clary went and put a locking rune and a soundless rune on the door. She turned around and went over to Jace and smacked him, "FELL ON SOME ROCKS!" Clary shouted while laughing. "HERONDALE YOU ARE A HORRIBLE LIAR!"

Jace chuckled and grabbed her hands pinning them to her sides and pushed her against the wall to make her stop swinging at him. "We know I am not horrible at anything. In fact I am gracefully angelic, but I was under pressure. She is your mother!" Jace was still laughing with a caged Clary in his arms leaning his body on hers against the wall.

After a few seconds they stopped laughing and she was still in his arms, she stood up on the tips of her toes and mouthed her lips to his ear. "Isn't this what got us into this predicament?" She whispered making his hair stir and a chill run over his spine.

"Not necessarily... Wait, what do you mean by that? We weren't in this positon earlier today." Jace said with his eyes hopeful.

"Well, it had started in the greenhouse but it escalated to your room and a wall later, so..." Clary replied with a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth.

"You remember." Jace said more to himself.

"I remember. I do. I remember that like the back of my hand now. It isn't a fuzzy memory. It is perfectly clear." Clary smiled up at Jace.

Jace leaned down and kissed her passionately telling her how much he loved her with the kiss. She raised herself on her toes to deepen it and make it last longer when she heard a cough behind Jace, making her remember that they weren't alone.

They pulled away from each other and looked back seeing the man and the woman still there. The woman was eyeing Jace's back seeing the scratches that covered him with her eyebrows raised, seeing as he was still shirtless. The man looked as if he had just walked in the women's restroom at Wal-Mart.

"Umm," the woman started, "Well, this is awkward."

"Just slightly," the man with the brown hair replied with the same facial expression as he wore before. "This sort of reminds me of something Will would do in this century." His face turned to a sad smile, "Walk around shirtless just because he felt the need or as if someone looked at him wrong so he felt the need to show everyone what they were looking at."