Everything Is Coming Together

Isabelle was sitting at the kitchen table with Simon, Magnus, Alec, Luke, and Jocelyn. Jace was standing at the stove, flipping pancakes in the pan. When Isabelle had insisted that she help, she was smacked with a spatula to get away before she; as Jace put it, "Poisons the world when their food begins crawling away and off of the plate." She had to admit, she felt insulted.

Maryse walked into the kitchen and looked at Jace with a brow raised as he was flipping the pancakes. She turned her eyes and looked next to him where there was a big plate of waffles. "Waffles and pancakes?"

He looked up, "Where Clary wants waffles, I am pretty sure she wants pancakes too. She was looking for you by the way."

"She found me," she was wearing her power suit as she always does and marched over to the coffee pot, pouring herself a cup. She turned back around and looked back at Jace with her reassuring yet intimidating blue eyes. "We had a nice conversation and she went to the training room about forty-five minutes ago."

Jace's eyes grew large, "You left her alone? Who knows when Sebastian will go after her again?"

Maryse smiled at him, "She needs a little breathing room Jace. And besides, do you honestly think that if he came after her, here again, that we wouldn't know it. Clary wouldn't stop fighting and we know now that she has some stairs to throw him down, she would gladly throw him down them. She is a very strong girl Jace," she reached across the counter and grabbed his hand and taking the spatula out of it. "But if you insist so much, go ahead, and fair warning, she might just throw a knife at you."

His eyes were still wide, but he took off out of the kitchen and up the stairs to the training room to check on his fiancée.

Clary had been on the floor, panting, strands from her braid of her bright red hair pasted to her head. She had been doing flips, throwing knives, pushups, sit ups, pull ups, everything she could do with one hand, or something that didn't hurt her hand too much. Even running across the beams, keeping her balance, jumping the beams one at a time. Anything that made her sweat and relieve her anger, stress, and sadness. Anything that would help her feel better.

She stood up again and climbed up to the beams again and began running across them, flipping, doing hand springs, jumping across them until she heard footsteps running into the room. She dropped on her stomach to see who was coming in.

Unable to be seen, she gazed down at the doors. Seeing her bright angel walk through the doors looking frantic, hysterical, and petrified. "Clary?" He yelled out, his voice strained with panic. "Clary, where are you at?"

She smiled down at him, she knew she couldn't drop from there, she would die or break a limb. But she already knew that he would catch her. "I'm up here!" She yelled down at him, smiling as he gazed up at her and relief flooded into his eyes.

"Jump down here!"

She shook her head, "You know how I am with falling from great heights!"

"You're attached to a rope, just jump!" Smiling his crooked smile, eyes bright with love. Even at a great distance, Clary could see his eyes as if they were right in front of her.

"I'm not attached to a rope!" She smirked at him, hoping he could see the devious look in her eyes. She stood up and gazed down, "But I know that you'll catch me." She knew he had heard her and she had stepped her foot over and fell forward. Totally aware that she was falling, but completely confident in the knowledge that Jace would catch her.

Jace saw her step over the beam and instantly became scared that he wouldn't catch her. But he knew that she had confidence in him, confidence that he would catch her. She never let out a scream as she fell to his arms. He ran to the place where she was falling and opened his arms to hold her when she met his arms.