Family Bonding

Magnus, Alec and Isabelle were at the kitchen table when Simon, Maia and Jordan walked into the Institute. They were having a fascinating conversation about Clary's mysterious poison. So far they knew that it was not ordinary and it came from a greater demon, and Lilith. But it was better not to stress over it too much, they know how to cure it and Clary can kick Sebastian's ass.

"Where is Clary and Jace, shouldn't they be down by now?" Jordan asked as everyone looked at him as if he just asked what color the sky was.

"Seriously, didn't Simon tell you that Jace proposed to Clary last night?" Isabelle answered ending Jordan's confusion.

"Oh. No he didn't tell me."

"Must have slipped my mind," Simon quickly added, "and we don't know for sure if that's what happened yet. We have to wait and see."

"Well, let's go see if she is wearing a ring," Isabelle was getting up.

"I bet you walk in on the aftermath of their night," Magnus smirked around his coffee cup.

"They could always be sleeping," Jordan said in defense of Clary and Jace.

"Yeah, okay I bet $50 I'm right," Magnus said as if he already knew.

"You're on." Jordan and Magnus shook hands and handing their bet money to Maia, she was going to be the bank.

Isabelle rolled her eyes and walked off. She took out her stele and drew a one-way box on the door of Jace's bedroom. She wanted to make sure she wasn't interrupting anything before she used an opening rune and barged in. She saw two sleeping figures, their eyes shut. Isabelle took it as an okay and removed the box, used a rune and opened the door. She walked over to the bed about to shake Clary awake when she saw Jace was on his side with Clary on her side fitting her body to Jace's. He was resting his chin on Clary's head. They had the sheets pulled up around them and you could tell they weren't wearing anything. Isabelle started backing up, she was a distance away only to look and see Jace's back. He had angry red scratches length wise, until the sheet came up to block them off. Isabelle put her hand against her mouth and ran, trying to suppress laughter.

Jordan and Magnus were talking about how Isabelle would look if she walked in on the aftermath. The reaction she had was none of the ones they came up with. Her eyes were wide and was trying to hide the smirk on her face.

"Aftermath. Pay up wolfy," Magnus said.

Maia was handing Magnus the money when Isabelle spoke up. "They were sleeping."

"So I win."

"I didn't say that, they definitely did the dirty deed last night," Isabelle was smiling and trying not to laugh, "I went in there and their clothes were scattered, and they were under the sheets. Cuddling actually."

"Ha. I win," Magnus raised his arms, "Give daddy the money!"

Everyone busted out laughing.

Clary woke up, feeling Jace's arms around her before she saw them. She turned around to see he was still sleeping. She got up and went into the bathroom, she grabbed a towel and set it on the towel bar, and started the shower.

Jace opened his eyes abruptly after he noticed Clary was gone, he sat up, relieved to hear the water running. He got up and opened the door to the bathroom. "Clary?"

Clary answered "Yes?"

"I wanted to make sure you were okay," Jace was opening the shower curtain and stepped in, "I woke up and you weren't there." Clary turned to look up at him,

"I am okay." She craned her head up and Jace brought his down to meet his mouth with hers. They broke away, "never better actually."

Jace ran his hands against her back and pulled her closer to him, "are you sure you are okay, I mean, Clary I can feel the scars on your back where the glass dug in. Does it hurt?"