The Wedding

"There we go," Clary said wiping her hands on her jeans. Her hands were covered in dirt, paint, flower juices, and sweat. "I think that's it." She looked around the open land. They had Magnus set up a stage and piano in one spot, and then there were tables set up all around. This was the place for the guest after the actual ceremony. Where there would be food and drinks ready on a table to the side. In the spot where the ceremony was being held were benches that were on either side of the aisle. The aisle was a white carpet that had flower petals spread across it, ready to be stepped on by the bride. The altar was a beautiful white archway that had flowers weaved into it.

Around it were also an assortment of painting of the family. Clary and Jocelyn. Jocelyn and Luke. The three of them. Simon, Luke, Jocelyn, and Clary. And Jace, Clary, Luke, and Jocelyn, etc. All were hand painted by Clary, some finished days and weeks ago, and two finished that very day.

Clary had been picking flowers to hang around the altar and through the chairs of the dinning place and finished the drapes around it. All was drenched in white and was an enchanting sight. "I think that's it, isn't it?" Clary asked turning to Jace.

Jace was lifting the last bench and placing it in its rightful place at the front of the others. He righted himself and gazed at Clary, "Its perfect, Clary. Absolutely perfect." He shuffled his feet over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist, "Everything is perfect, thanks to you. You planned all of this out and only had help from Isabelle and I, and some from Magnus too. But everything came from your mind." He placed his finger to her head. "Underneath all of those pretty red curls," he smirked at her.

Clary giggled, "Well, thank you kind, sir." She stood on her toes to wrap her arms around his neck, "What about the paintings? Too much?" Her voice was laced with worry and anxiety.

He smiled and returned his arms to her waist, "They are beautiful, like you. They aren't too much, it's all just enough. Now if you let Isabelle plan everything, then it would be too much, she would make sure your mother would suffer in a pink explosion. It would be hell, so bad that no one would even show up, not even the bride or groom." Jace leaned closer to her, swiftly putting his arm underneath her legs and lifted her feet off the ground. She let out a squeaky scream of giggle and shock.

"Shut up, Jace, she would still love it if I planned it," Isabelle said showing almost silently around the corner. The only thing that gave her away was the clicking of her heels. "Besides, I'm helping you and Clary plan your wedding."

"No, you're not, Isabelle. I don't want it to become a rambunctious party where strangers/teenagers think that they can drink and throw up in the rose bushes. Or dance on tables, taking their clothes off in hope for money to put them back on." Jace's voice was strung with sarcasm and yet at the same time he was serious. Clary was still in his arms, keeping her mouth shut.

"That will not happen!" Isabelle yelled, "Clary, help me on this!"

Clary shook her head, "I've learned that when I step in the middle someone always accuses me of taking sides. So I'm staying out of this argument completely. I love you both, so I'm not choosing sides. I'm staying out of the middle." She put her hand up, knowing what was going to be said next. "And yes, Isabelle. I get it that technically I'm in the middle, but I mean it figuratively. It's a metaphor, so shut up on that one."

Jace chuckled, vibrating her body with his laughter, "That is one of the many reasons why I love you, so very much." He gave her a quick peck on the mouth and turned back to Isabelle. "You're not planning anything in our wedding; that is mine and Clary's job. It's our choice to get married so early, it's our choice to start our family, and it's our responsibility to do all of it. If Clary can plan this whole thing here," he rolled his head to gesture their surroundings, "then I'm sure we can do it. That's final. Cut. Point. Blank."