I Don't Understand

She was lying in a bed colored in black. Everything was stained in the color. The pillows, the blankets, the doors, dresser and nightstand, the mirror frame, the door frame, even the floorboards. Then there was scarlet red. Scarlet walls, scarlet sheets, door handles, even the hairbrush sitting on nightstand. The floor was stoned, a dark, smoky gray.

Besides her body under the blanket, no one was in the room. Standing up, she reached out to the door, waddling her way there. Gripping the door handle, trying to open the door, resulting in failure to the locked door and loss of energy.

She looked down, and she couldn't see her own toes. They were blocked by the huge belly she had. Walking over to the mirror, she observed herself. Her hair was longer, hitting her rib cage. Shoulders more rounded. Standing straighter as the weight of her belly pulled her forward. Her legs were still short, but slightly longer. Her breasts had enlarged a lot and she was sore everywhere. Her breasts, her feet, her wrists, back, legs, stomach, neck, everything. She was sore everywhere and felt breathless.

She sat on the bed and stared at her reflection, trying to regain her breath. The kicking she was feeling in her lungs wasn't helping either. She couldn't believe it. Pregnant. She was pregnant. It wasn't possible, it couldn't happen that fast.

She heard the door click and unlock, standing in the doorway stood her brother. Smiling, he stepping inside, "How lovely, the beautiful, pregnant princess awakens."

He took a step closer to her and put his hands on her belly, shoving her against the bed, ignoring her struggling, "I am so lucky Clarissa. To have you and this baby." His eyes wandered up to hers.

The black pits staring at her like they were carved tunnels. She screamed as a sharp pain pushed through her stomach, and threw her head back.

She woke gasping. Jace was shaking her, trying to wake her. His eyes were wide, staring at her in concern. "Clary?" he asked softly.

Clary looked over, the clock red 2:13am. She looked up at him and sighed in relief, it was only a dream. She wasn't pregnant with Sebastian's baby, she wasn't with Sebastian in his house. It was all a dream.

Shaking her head, she whispered, "It was just a dream."

"More of a nightmare, Clary. And it must have been really bad, you were screaming, like you were in pain. And you're bleeding." Jace moved the blanket aside revealing a bloodstain on her shirt. It was coming from her stomach.

Holding her breath, she lifted her shirt.

Gasping at the sight of her stomach. A giant gaping hole was carved into her belly, blood was pouring through, staining the bed sheets and her clothes. Her eyes were wide as she looked up at Jace. His jaw was dropped, eyes wide, he put his hands against the hole in her stomach, trying to stop the bleeding. There was no stele near, and he was afraid that if he went for help and removed his hands, then she would die before he came back.

Her blood was seeping through his fingers as was the time she had left before she bled to death. Jace yelled out for Magnus, only with the silent runes on the walls, no one could hear what was happening on the inside. He looked up to see Clary's eyes were dimming. The light in them was dying out along with her life. "Clary, stay awake! Stay with me Clary! Please don't leave me!" Jace begged. Tears were dripping down his face.

Clary smiled at him through the pain, "I could never leave you." Her blood stopped seeping through Jace's fingers, the light in her eyes was gone. The corners of her mouth still turned up. She was staring into the distance, at nothing.

Jace moved his hands from her stomach and put them on her face, cupping her face in-between his hands. He put his forehead to hers. "I love you, Clary," he looked into her eyes and brushed his fingers through her hair.