Weapon of Choice

Clary was sitting in her room at the Institute trying to distance her mind from Sebastian, with the music playing while she was drawing. She was given a room for her periodic visits and when her mom and Luke have to travel. She even made it hers. She had sketch books, pencils, books, textbooks, and a variety of her chosen weapons. Isabelle taught her how to use a whip, Jace taught her the daggers, and Alec introduced her into the archery setting. She was even really good with all of them. But when she was asked her what her weapon of choice she answered the sword, because of one memory in particular when she still hadn't decided.

Clary was drawing the special memory, the deal breaker was when she and Luke were 'training' with the swords, in the Institutes training room from about two months ago. She was originally training with Jace, but Luke came in and spoke up, when he saw that Clary had Jace pinned.

"Ooohhh, swords." He rubbed his hands together "let me try to see if I can make Clary tap out."

"Hold on, everyone is going to want to see this. Luke is everyone in the library like they always are?" Jace spoke up.

"I think so. When I left they were."

"Wait until I get back with everyone then, because no is going to want to miss this."

Jace walked laughing to himself, leaving Luke in confusion.

Jace went into the library where to Luke's word, everyone was in there. "Okay, nobody is going to want and miss this. Luke just said he was going to try and get Clary to tap out while they are fighting with swords. And I have no idea how good Luke is with a sword, I only saw him fight with one once, but he was good. And Clary is good with a sword too, so I think I speak for everyone when I say this. Who is going to win?" Jace said with a big smile on his face.

"Oh my, God. Clary is going to get beat." Jocelyn said.

"Oh, no I bet $100 it will go the other way." Isabelle spoke up.

"I have to agree with Jocelyn on this one Isabelle. Luke is good with a sword. So, I will take that bet." Maryse said to her daughter.

"Okay all who bet on Clary winning raise your hand." Simon, Isabelle, Jordan, Magnus and Jace all raised their hands.

"All in favor of Luke raise your hands." Maryse, Robert, Jocelyn, Alec, and Maia all raised their hands.

"Okay. Everyone puts $100 on the table in here. Whatever team wins, splits the money. Do we have a deal then?"

"Deal." Everyone said in unison.

Everyone laid down their money and Magnus put a spell on it so no one would cheat their way out of it, then they all went up to the training room to watch the fight they all put money on, even the parents put money down.

When they got upstairs Clary and Luke were holding swords. Clary was already sweaty from fighting Jace but she looked excited, full of energy but most of all, ready to win. She had a smile plastered on her face and was looking at Luke intently, watching his every move. Little did Jace know that she was being watchful the whole time he was gone getting to know how her opponent moves. Luke was looking into Clary's eyes the whole time. He looked ready, but not as ready as Clary was for this fight to begin.

Jace went in between the two of them and was looking back and forth at them. He had to admit Luke was probably the only one who had a chance against Clary. Even Jace got beat, and that was rare. This is going to be fun to watch. He thought to himself.

"Fight!"

Clary and Luke started going at it. Clary was ducking and dodging Luke's every move. She was showing no mercy, just like she did with everyone else. She didn't pick favorites. He tried to disarm her but Clary had an amazing grip on the sword, Luke looked confused a good ten minutes later, she was sweaty and still had a grip on that damn sword! He thought to himself. God this kid is good. I have to give her props. Damn! I'm getting tired of this. Time to finish it.