Shock and Amazement

"Clary!" Jocelyn yelled out for her daughter. Clary was walking past the kitchen where her mother was sitting at the kitchen table with Luke, Isabelle, Simon, Magnus, Alec, and Maryse.

Clary turned back and went into the kitchen leaned her elbows on a chair. "You called?" Clary was wearing the strapless white sundress with the blue stars. Her bright red hair was like a wildfire against the white, and the blue brought out the color of her eyes. Her belly was being flaunted by the dress, shaping around her perfectly. It wasn't tight around her body, but it wasn't loose either. The fabric around her breasts clung to her, but it was stretchy, like a scrunch hair tie. On her feet were flats, the same shade of blue as the stars on her dress.

"Yes," Jocelyn started. Taking a deep breath she released it. "I'm sorry, but Robert had to go back to Idris and tell Jia about what has been going on. She doesn't believe that it's safe here for us, and she is calling us all down to Idris. And part of the reason they don't think it is safe is because there was an attack on the Los Angela's Institute."

Clary's eyes widened, "Was anyone hurt, is everything okay?"

Jocelyn stood up and put her hands on her daughter's shoulders. "Sebastian turned some people, and he took Mark Blackthorn and his whereabouts are unknown. And apparently a young girl that was staying with the Blackthorns has just lost her parents and they don't know if it is connected to Sebastian. Other than that I'm not sure."

Clary slouched, "When do we have to leave?"

"In three days at seven o'clock in the morning. And the thing about this is that no one other than Jia and Robert know that you're pregnant. And they don't plan on telling anyone, so you should expect some stares. As well as Jace."

"What about me?" Jace said walking into the conversation. He reached his arms out and wrapped them around Clary's belly and rested his chin on her hair.

"Jace," Jocelyn sighed and went into the story with Jace too. When Jocelyn finished her story again, Jace just shook his head.

"That sick bastard."

"Wait," Clary said with a dawning realization. "Did you say that a little girl lost her parents today to something that no one knows of, and now she's all alone?"

Jocelyn nodded with a sad expression on her face. "Yes, I did say that. I have no idea what's going to happen to her. Although, if she was staying with the Blackthorns, I'm assuming that they will take her in, depending on who was turned."

The visible tension in Clary's body was visible as her back straitened and her shoulders tensed. "That's depressing." She was growing tired and she leaned her body back, putting her weight on Jace who was fully prepared for it. He kept his arms around her belly and his chin propped on her head.

Alec, trying to cheer Clary up, changed the subject to something they all enjoyed. "Jace, why do you keep your hands on Clary's stomach? Like, you never move them. Why?"

Jace just sighed. "Because I've never gotten to feel the baby kick. Every time someone touches Clary's stomach he stops kicking. The only person who is allowed to feel it is Clary and not just because he is inside her, but when she touches her own stomach he kicks harder. I'm trying to make him adjust more so I can feel him kick."

Clary was smirking as she rolled her eyes. "You're a psycho," she said while shaking her head. "And maybe she just likes me better because I feed her strawberry shortcakes and coconut pancakes with peanut butter."

"Well it isn't like I can feed him that stuff," Jace said right back.

"Okay," Maryse said with a smile rising on her face. "You do realize that one of you are saying he and him, and the other is saying she and her, right?"