The Truth Comes Out

Clary felt like a Silent Brother, she tried to open her eyes but she just couldn't do it. She heard voices all around her. "What happened to her?" Jocelyn asked.

"I know it is a poison but I can't be specific, the important thing is, is that it is out of her system and she will be alright." Magnus, Clary thought. I wonder how he is holding up.

"So can you tell us what happened before you were thrown through the wall?" Jace asked the question Clary was guessing that everyone was asking.

"Clary and I were about to watch Spiderman 3 when Sebastian said she was going to go with him. Next thing you know Clary has her sword pointed at his chest, telling him it's not okay to try and rape a girl especially when the girl is your sister." Clary could feel everyone's eyes shift on her, her mother came to her side and stroked her hair and started crying. Clary knew Isabelle was in the room because of the words spoken next.

"You knew didn't you Iz? That's why she came in the library crying. And you didn't tell us anything, did it ever occur to you that he might try again?" Jace was screaming at Izzy.

Clary could hear the sniffles that Isabelle let out. Jocelyn left Clary's side.

This is why I didn't say anything. Now my own mother won't look at me. She can't stand me. Clary thought.

Clary heard a voice telling her it was going to be okay, and telling her to wake up. It was a voice she barley recognized, but she did. Tessa. She stoked Clary's hair and left her side, probably to comfort Jocelyn.

"I am sorry. Clary made me swear not to tell before she told me. I couldn't break that. You know that Jace!" Isabelle screamed. She felt like it was all her fault, she shouldn't have left her Parabatai. "But I swore to Clary, I swore to her."

"Don't blame Izzy." Clary was awake, she felt her mouth move, and she could see the tears on Isabelle's face. "It's not her fault. I didn't want anyone knowing anything, and it was killing me. Keeping that to myself, so I told the one person who wouldn't do something stupid and regret ever opening my mouth, Izzy. So if you're going to point fingers at anyone, point them at me, okay?"

Everyone was staring at Clary in shock, not only was she awake and sitting up but she was talking and she was angry. Clary started to get up, but when she kicked her feet out of the infirmary bed she was stopped by Jem.

"I am sorry Clarissa but you cannot leave right now, you have to stay so we can figure out what your brother stab-----"Clary cut him off.

"I don't care what you call him, you can call him freak, bastard, bitch, frankly I don't care," Clary stood up, "I don't care what you call me. Bitch, whore, slut, anything but don't call him my brother, I am not his sister. We may share parents but he isn't my brother. He is a psychopathic incestuous obsessed bastard that has demon blood coursing through his body. He is better off dead. Because he is sure as hell dead to me. It's like trying to tell me Valentine was my father. He may be by blood, but there is more to the title of being a father, the same thing goes for being a brother. As far as I am concerned I have the people closest to me as my brothers and sister. Simon, Isabelle, Alec and Magnus, they are the only ones who have been siblings to me. The ones to pick me up when I am down, to carry me through the Institute soaked in blood, who help me up when I fall and push me harder than before, the ones who make me eat when I'm not eating. The one who loves me is Jace. He holds me when I'm scared, tells me everything will be okay, shows me every day that he loves me! Luke, the one who has been there for me as a father ever since I was a little girl. The one always underneath the jungle gym to catch me if I fell, pushing me on the swing set, the one who took pictures and yelled in joy whenever I got awards at school and continued to show me unconditional love even though he and my mom were just friends. My mom may try and protect me and got me into messy situations but it proves she cares. Maryse, the one who always tells me to be careful, hugs me when I walk into the Institute, recognizes me as a person and not just some Shadowhunter seeking help. The Institute is my family, my best friends, my siblings, the love of my life, my mom and my dad. That is what it means to be a family, it's sure as hell not blood. I would know." Clary said in a calm and steady voice her eyes were stern and dancing. Clary got up and left as everyone stood stunned with respect and love for her in their eyes.