chap. 44 || lights

an: happy 2021 everyone! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🙏  :D let's just wish that this year isn't as terrible as 2020 :,) also, thank you all so much for 430k reads! 😭💗~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"God fucking dumbledore dammit!"

Masanori's loud remarks caught you off guard of shaping the rice in your wet palms. You felt afraid from her sudden bark. Well that was because she was currently playing a game.

Kenma's game to be exact. Which is his PSP. The girl has been losing every three minutes over at the same level. And she was playing the same game while you guys were preparing dinner.

You were all back at the nearby lake next to the hotel to have dinner for the day, and Masanori was here beating a level that Kenma could've easily won but the 2nd year manager had to butt in his business and told the setter that the level was 'plain easy' for someone like her. Let's just say she was going to swallow back her own words because it had already been seven minutes passed.

"FUCK THIS FLYING FAIRY FUCKHEAD!!!"

"MASANORI! LANGUAGE!" Yaku shouts from the distance. Nobuyuki just laughs from beside him and so did Kuroo.

As the girl groaned and facepalmed from another loss—Kenma (who had been watching her play and lose for an entire minute) snatched the PSP out of her hands and muttered a small 'thank you' in a sarcastic tone before walking away, his eyes glued back to the game console.

As you patted the girl's back with an awkward and reassuring smile to keep her calm down, you uttered to her whilst holding a ball of rice in your other hand, "Don't mind, Kazushi-San. Kenma-San can take care of that level..."

"WHY IS KENMA SO GOOD AT EVERYTHING???" She whines, her fingers pulling her short locks of hair. You nervously backed away a little from Masanori's surprising answer. A small sweat appeared down crawling down your forehead. Mainly, you would just leave the other manager be with her small breakdowns about Kenma not just physically being better than her but including in playing simple games like the one earlier—he was very good than it better than Masanori herself.

"The tournament is almost near. We shouldn't be focusing on that game that much, Kazushi-San," you told the girl in concern. Watching Masanori being gloomy wasn't much of an event everyday to the team. In fact, it rarely happens to the girl if she challenges Kenma to a video gaming battle—in which, of course, she loses from time to time.

"Kenma is a god at this...I guess I shouldn't really be confident about it. Well then, I feel better now. Thank you, F/n-Chan..." Masanori says in a calm but low voice as she faced down on the ground. Sweatdropping once again, you showed Masanori your worried smile and patted her back once more—trying to make the conversation quick. "There's no need to thank me. What can you say? Kuroo-Senpai told me that Kenma's been always playing ever since they met."