chap. 47 || likes

a/n: happy 2022 oml bahahaha how r u bebs doing? huehue

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Kazushi-San!"

Your concerned tone struck the attention of many inside of the court when you ran towards the female figure outside from the door, which was no other than their second year trouble making manager; Masanori. She was standing proud, and from the look of her cheeky smile, she seemed unbothered about what she did to Lilia earlier down the hallways.

"Yahoo!" Masanori greets, waving her hand up in the air before launching towards you for a big hug. Her smile was as bright as day, and she seemed to be in a really great mood for today's practice. You were glad she was alright, despite her being in a fight with your ex-friend. Naoi walked over to the girl, "Masanori, got some explaining to do?"

"Huh? About what, Sensei?"

"Don't act like that, Masanori. You know what I mean..." Naoi sighs, a hand over his forehead in disappointment. Masanori grins whilst walking away to talk to the head advisor of your team. Lowkey concerned for her, you decided to follow the both of them to what their chit-chat was going to be, yet a hand stops your shoulder from doing so.

"Don't worry about Masanori, L/n..." Nobuyuki reminds you, a gentle smile spread over his cheeks. "She'll be alright." You looked at where your other friend was at along with Naoi, and you nod. You should really place your trusts within the older girl for a while and focus on what you're doing. Walking away back to the court, you began to refill the water bottles lying down on the basket over the side. It has been a rough day, you can say.

Today, the classroom was loud as hell. No one barely payed any attention to you, even Lilia and that was a blessing, during P.E your teacher asked you to clean up the weeds on the sides before heading back to change, and you had to clean the girls' restroom. It was a tiring day, indeed. And you did all of that by yourself. However, being a 1st year thats used to doing chores all the time in public and at home, you had to plan to complain at all. Things were just like this way.

Once Masanori stood by your side once again, the training continued—and everyone was serious as ever since the high school preliminaries was announced soon and yet to arrive. It was close to come and you can feel the team's spirit slowly increasing that even you were nervous. You focused on the team's stat and every errors they made (you tried calming Masanori from teasing Yamamoto when he did mistakes), and you took care of their towels and bottles in case they ever needed them.

"Are you sure you can handle that by yourself? Here, I'll help you," Inouka beams at you, and you smiled back, "Ah, thank you for your offer, Inouka-Kun. But you don't need to, you can go back to training. Masanori will help me anyways." You said, now going back to carrying the two baskets outside to refill them. Inouka watches as you walked away, his smile not so visible on his face. "But you always say that..."