chap. 37 || i win

AN: FURUDATE CONFIRMED HQ SIBLINGS AND IM 😭~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Shibayama-Kun, do you have a fever???"

Shibayama wasn't able to utter another word as you moved closer to the male, your face painted with seriousness and worry while your hands held Shibayama's red and cold palm.

You were close...too close. Like if he moved an inch you two could touch noses.

Shibayama quickly and nervously darted his eyes away, trying to think of an excuse to reply back to you. Nothing...nothing at all. He was too nervous and anxious to even spill a word out to her. And including that you just found out that he has a fever. He tried hiding that but he guessed that it didn't work out too well.

However, he needed to make a quick and full statement about this. Sheepishly, he looked down and faced you without even bothering to look up at your face. He was too bashful to even sprout a word at you.

Shibayama slowly nodded his head. And that just made your worries pop even more. He was all fine earlier. How did he catch a cold? Did he played in the rain earlier? Or did he stayed in the rain for too long?

You had no idea. But the important thing that you needed to do right now was let Shibayama get some rest, or else he wouldn't be able to practice tomorrow. And the spring high preliminaries are near, your team had to win.

In an instant, you took a grasp of Shibayama's hand and helped him stand up from the soaked concrete floor. Even his palms were heating. You had to inform Naoi about this quickly.

"I have to tell Naoi-Sensei that you have cold. You can't go off with this fever or else you would be sent home immediately. And then, you won't be able to practice. I'm worried about you, Shibayama-Kun..."

The boy blushed deeply than ever after those words came flying out of your mouth.

"...but first of all..." your mouth opened, making Shibayama to look back at you with a full color red on his cheeks. He saw your lips part open, a smile now drawing up at the tug of your sweet cheeks, "We have to keep this a small secret for a while. Ok?" You said, a finger pressing against your lips as you smiled very sheepishly at Shibayama.

The ravenette felt like his heart was going to burst out in any minute due to your smile. It was like a treasure chest to him. He hasn't seen that smile in a long time now...not after his last days in junior high school.

As the both of you walk straight to the area where all of the teachers lighting up their cigarettes, taking a sip of beer out of a cup, you had to walk straight to the cafeteria first and tell Masanori to take care of the others while you tell Naoi about Shibayama's little condition.

Kindly, Masanori said that she'll take over your place of taking care of the club members in the cafeteria while you go off and do your business.

"Don't worry about it, dude! I got ya back!" Masanori exclaimed earlier with a proud grin on her face.