chap. 42 || winner

an: happy birthday to Shibayama Yuuki! 🥳🥳💗🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"L/n, is it true that you you're going on a date with Kuro?"

You almost dropped your ice cream down when you heard Kenma mutter that out, the sound of his game echoing near you that he lost and asked if he wanted another try.

How...did he know about that? Did Kuroo possibly tell him about it?

The sound of tokens burping out of the game machine revealed right at the corner of your eyes as you felt a small liquid fall down to your palm. Ah...the ice cream...it's melting. You winced, quickly licking the ooze out from your hand and continued licking the ice cream to avoid from more of it to melt.

"Uhhh...about that question you asked..." you started, awkwardly trying to avoid Kenma's cat-like gaze. It was awkward...way too awkward...

"W-Where did you...? Err...heard from it?" You questioned the pudding head who was peacefully licking his ice cream, his posture  still sitting in front of the arcade machine he currently played. Kenma stopped his actions, and looked at you with keen eyes.

"I'm the one who heard it..." he answered. Your eye's entire pupil turned white in surprise and astonishment, hair sticking from your back and a shriek of goosebumps hit your skin. Well...this situation got even more awkward...

'WHAT SHOULD I SAY, WHAT SHOULD I SAY, WHAT SHOULD I SAY?!!!' SHOULD I JUST LET IT BE AND ANSWER HONESTLY?!! THIS IS KENMA-SAN WE'RE TALKING ABOUT! HE'S THE TEAM'S BRAIN SO I CAN'T ACT LIKE HE'S THE DUMB ONE HERE BETWEEN THE BOTH OF US!'

You were constantly trying to think of words to reply to him at this point. If not you'd be a stuttering mess in front of your upperclassman. Almost acting like a clown on a circus if you were to think of it. Accidentally stammering on your words like your feet on a rope balanced by elephants.

"Ummm...c-can we talk about this outside? I-I feel like the others are watching us over from their shoulders..." you whispered over to Kenma, steadily bending your back and gave him pleading eyes. The 2nd year setter blinked his eyes twice—bewildered at your request at first, before approving of this idea and headed out of the arcade with you.

It was quiet. Though why not? This is Kenma and yourself we're talking about. Two people that mostly endured the same feeling of social interaction as a fear or often feel like it was one.

As you watched people's feet walk pass the two of you—barely saying anything to each other, you opened your mouth and let out a soft sheepish whine, heat rushing over your face—causing Kenma to look at you with a confused stare. "L/n? What's gotten into-

"KENMA-SAN, PLEASE....!!" You cut him off suddenly with words that came out in a whisper, both of your hands placed against his shoulders in a hurry. Kenma shrieks, evident that he was shocked by your action. "P-PLEASE DON'T TELL ANYONE ABOUT THIS...!! I'M BEGGING YOU...!!!"