chap. 16 || stargaze

AN: bby is so cute ^ thank you all for 64k reads and 698 followers! 😭 I am so honored! 💕~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*7:34pm

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
7:34pm.

"Ow...!"

"Oh! S-Sorry about that...!" You apologized. Kuroo sighed, watching as you slowly placed a bandaid on his cheek after hitting a wall after being chased by no other than Yaku.

Before helping out for preparing dinner, you helped Kuroo first in wrapping himself in bandaids, first. You guessed that it was kind of your fault of why Kuroo earned these new bruises on his face, even though he clearly had earned a few more from playing volleyball practice.

After he thanked you and walked back to practice, you quickly made your way towards the kitchen and handed Mako her bag. When she asked what took you long, you just told her that something interesting happened.

You did your job and served each dish on pots and pans, serving rice and every other food in each bowl for the guys to eat. During dinner, you couldn't even get one single eye contact with Kuroo. Not even once after that famous kabedon happened. And not before you helped Kuroo heal himself up, of course. It was pretty awkward, but you can't help it. He was a teasing fuck after all.

During dinner, you had already finished eating, so you excused yourself to the other managers to take a quick break outside Shinzen high, and they happily agreed because they did wanted you to have a break. After all, you and Kiyoko mostly did the work in the kitchen.

Outside, you stretched your arms out before walking ahead up the green hill of the school near the gym. It was quite cold for a summer night, so you brought your jacket out along with you as you walked out.

The wind was blowing nicely and smoothly in the sky. Although it was a bit dark, making the school gym's light the only light source around the area along with the moon and stars.

When you walked out, you slowly walked up the green hills of the school before stopping and sitting down on the grass where the most stars were seen in your view. You sighed. Taking a view at the stars tonight was quite nice, including all after the misunderstanding disasters happening earlier, it was quite nice to take a warm break like stargazing by yourself. Well at least that's what you thought you were doing.

"I like the view," a voice says from behind. "The stars are gorgeous, aren't they?"

You quickly jumped, but calmed down after seeing who it was. It was no other than Nobuyuki. Nobuyuki Kai.

"N-Nobuyuki-Senpai...?!"

"Hello, L/n," he greeted once more. Nobuyuki walked towards your direction and slowly sat beside you, making you nervous of how it was just the two of you alone in the certain place you would like to stay alone for a while. "What are you doing here?" Asks the vice captain. You flinched when he suddenly asked, but you quickly. "Oh...! I'm just taking a little rest here before going back inside the gym."