chap. 7 || crushes

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Woah..."

Only those few words managed to escape your lips as your eyes followed a certain bundle of orange jump into the air, as high as he can be before his hand slapped the ball onto the ground, adding a point to his team.

You were never that much amazed before. Ever since the two latecomers entered the gym in the afternoon for the training camp, Yachi had told you amazing things about those two, all except for their game techniques. Although, she didn't seemed that happy when she had told you about the two of them being idiots when it comes to class subjects.

Kageyama Tobio and Hinata Shoyou were their names — and their amazing freak attack was the one that caught your eye for them. But what surprised you the most is that the little orange haired bundle of sunshine who was about 5 feet tall, can jump super high like the little giant which you had seen in one of his matches before.

However, your team was facing Ubugawa and Karasuno was facing against Shinzen high, the team who apparently lost to them. But Nekoma vs. Ubugawa was still ongoing, so you had to take a good note on their match.

"Nice receive, Yaku!" Lev shouted at the quirky libero. Inouka was eventually swapped out for a moment along with Shibayama for Lev to take the place for the spikes, so Inouka and Shibayama were both cheering for him. Even though Lev was as tall as a lamppost, his jump still managed to had the right height to let his palm hit the ball perfectly set by Kenma.

With that one last point, your team had finally won the match.

Immediately walking towards the bench to grab their bottles and towels, you carefully walked back instead of running since your mind told you that you're going to trip easily on the slippery grounds. Yasufumi and Naoi were informing the team to get some rest before you handed them their water bottles and towels.

"You did amazing out there, Lev! That jump was incredible," you told Lev, who only scratched his cheek with his finger in reply. "Well, it's not that much amazing. I was only trying my best to hit that ball so we could finally rest. I'm tired," he says, making you laugh in amusement. "Is that so? Well so does that mean you don't want to eat dinner me and the other managers prepared?"

"D-Dinner? You didn't tell me so!!" He says before running outside, not without slowly shoving the bottle of water in your arms and shouting out a 'thank you!' towards you. But you had to call him, "W-Wait! L-Lev, you have to thank them, too, for letting us borrow the court!"

"LEV, YOU BASTARD! COME BACK HERE! YOU CAN'T EAT DINNER, YET NOT WITHOUT THANKING THE COACHES WHO LET US BORROW THE GYM!" Yaku says before running after the tall man.