chap. 19 || comfortable

AN: so

AN: so...apparently Haikyuu is ending on oikawa's birthday. Someone pass me some tissues-
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Silence.

You and Kenma were sitting beside each other in silence outside the high school. Yaku was in front of you two, both of his hands landed down on his hip with one of his feet tapping on the ground, waiting for an answer. Kenma was patched with a bandaid on the hem of his nose and some tissues in his right nostril.

"So?" The libero spoke. "Do you two understand?"

You nodded your head while Kenma kept silent. Yaku sighs. "Geez, you two are causing trouble here. This is not our school, remember that, clearly. We're in Saitama, not Tokyo."

"Geez, Yakkun, you don't have to mom them. They're teenagers for god sake," Kuroo cuts off from behind, his arms crossed with a small grin plastered on his face. Yaku shot Kuroo a glare, "I know that, bedhead! Now shut it!"

"Just remindin' ya~"

"Anyways...! You two can head off inside, now. Eat and clean yourselves up before taking a rest," Yaku says before walking away with Kuroo hiding his giggles. You waited for him to walk away, and after he did you sighed very loudly. Kenma did the same.

"I wanna go to sleep..."

"You have to eat, Kenma," you told the tired pudding head. "I don't wanna eat, I'm not that hungry..." he replied as he stood up. You followed by, "Are you sure? Me and the other managers are making curry for tonight."

"I'm fine, thank you. Sorry for rushing inside the room earlier without knocking..." he apologized, bowing down a bit as his right hand was scratching the hem of his neck. You shook your head, "No it's fine...! I'm the one who should be apologizing for not checking the door before dressing up...and screaming..."

"Well it's fine, then...oh...and here..." Kenma looked away for a second, grabbing something in his pockets before brining out your f/c ribbon. "Your ribbon...I was supposed to hand it over to you earlier before the accident..." he says in a calm tone. You smiled, "Oh, thank you, Kenma-San." You told the pudding head before grabbing the ribbon out of his hands.

You gently placed the accessory on the right side of your h/c locks before hugging your knees and watching the sunset. There was another moment of silence between you two, and the wind blowing on your skin. It was awkward, but it felt calm. But you never noticed Kuroo who was watching the entire thing.

"O...k...that was one hell of an act. You've got something up your sleeve, bunny-chan," says Kuroo, flipping his hair back. Kenma glared at his childhood friend. "Shut up, Kuroo..."